PwC

www.pwc.com
  www.pwc.com
There are newer employer reviews for PwC

Best company to work for

Current Employee - Manager in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at PwC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The firm always listen our voice

Cons

There are many cons but they are related to audit profession, like long hours of working in busy season.

5433 Other Employee Reviews for PwC (View Most Recent)

Terrible mistake, arrogance at its finest

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at PwC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation, brand and that is about all.

Cons

Politics, Politics, Politics. Some of the most arrogant Partners that I've ever encountered. Always over sells to clients and then leaves staff to make it up as you go. Rigid work environment with no flexibility. You could be here today and gone tomorrow after they use you up and leverage your relationships. Left another Big 4 after 11 years to join PwC, what a mistake.

Overhaul Human Resources, force Partners to be "Partners" and invest in your staff. Eliminate all the metrics and crediting process, it has created a cut throat culture and everyone is looking to get out that is not a Partner.

Great opportunities, but structure creates significant challenges

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at PwC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1.) Community - I love the people I work with. They are brilliant at what they do, but more importantly they are fantastic people.
    2.) Tremendous opportunity to learn and grow, exposure to senior leadership with clients.
    3.) Personally, I enjoy the travel.

Cons

1.) Politics - the partnership structure creates huge challenges to effectively deliver work. If you need expertise from another practice area, good luck getting it easily.
    2.) Leadership support - again, because of how the firm is structured, even if your leadership supports your work and what you're doing, it may not be valued by the rest of the firm. Particularly if it's not in the audit space.

Remove the red tape that prohibits employees from moving around, but more importantly, that inhibits our ability to effectively deliver service to clients because we can't "share" expertise and we end up competing internally for projects.

There are newer employer reviews for PwC