PwC
3.5 of 5 4,671 reviews
www.pwc.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

A post business undergraduate perspective of PricewaterhouseCoopers.

Advisory Associate (Current Employee)

ProsThe PwC work culture is fast paced and a great starting point for business undergraduates. The Firm invests in each of its employees providing them with unlimited access to the tools they need in order to offer value-added services to our clients. It is a privilege working with the people on my team as they respect and demonstrate their care of my development. For example, prior to my start date during my last year of business undergraduate university, the Company sent a care package as a gesture of good luck on my exams. Because of the nature of the Firm, it is easy to land new opportunities to progress in your career. Additionally, the benefit packages and perks, at least at my office offer great coverage and support for yourself and your immediate family.

ConsPwC is a professional services, client based focused industry. Providing quality services to our clients is one of the top priorities of a project. What that translates to is when push comes to shove, the number of hours you and your team spend completing a project can equate to 12-16 hour work days. Since the firm is salary-based, there is no overtime pay. Sometimes recognition for the amount of hours you put into the project does not feel like fair compensation. Another downside to working in a client based industry is tracking the number of hours you spend working on each client. Sometimes you are not just staffed on one client and can end up working on as much as 20 clients in a day. Tracking the time you spend in compliance with daily time submission can get tedious.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Management is a broad term as there is no 1 person you report to in this Firm. There is the official one you are assigned to, but of the multiple manager I have worked with, I give my gratitude for being open minded and professional about soliciting and receiving constructive feedback. I can speak for the people that I have worked with in saying my upper management team respects me as an individual and listens to my ideas and concerns should I ever need to discuss with them.

What you lose in salary you make up in work/life balance.

Tax Associate (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at PwC

Pros: PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP is a great place to work because of their belief in maintaining a fair work / life balance. It is very easy… Cons: The downside of working at PricewaterhouseCoopers is the reduced salary for highly educated specialists. For example, a lawyer at PricewaterhouseCoopers will make less than… Advice to Senior Management: Please correct the following issues: The downside of working at PricewaterhouseCoopers is the reduced salary for highly educated specialists. For example, a lawyer… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not the best choice for everyone (especially for people of color)

Associate, Tax (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I worked at PwC

Pros: The benefits are decent, and you gain exposure to a… Cons: Poor management, poor management communication, inadequate salary given the hours, billing practices are not perfect, lots of… Advice to Senior Management: Promote evenly- not just those who are loud and vocal. Reward the hard… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on PwC.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PwC CEO Robert Moritz. All reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees.