There are newer employer reviews for PwC

A post business undergraduate perspective of PricewaterhouseCoopers.

Current Employee - Advisory Associate
Current Employee - Advisory Associate

I have been working at PwC

Pros

The PwC work culture is fast paced and a great starting point for business undergraduates. The Firm invests in each of its employees providing them with unlimited access to the tools they need in order to offer value-added services to our clients. It is a privilege working with the people on my team as they respect and demonstrate their care of my development. For example, prior to my start date during my last year of business undergraduate university, the Company sent a care package as a gesture of good luck on my exams. Because of the nature of the Firm, it is easy to land new opportunities to progress in your career. Additionally, the benefit packages and perks, at least at my office offer great coverage and support for yourself and your immediate family.

Cons

PwC is a professional services, client based focused industry. Providing quality services to our clients is one of the top priorities of a project. What that translates to is when push comes to shove, the number of hours you and your team spend completing a project can equate to 12-16 hour work days. Since the firm is salary-based, there is no overtime pay. Sometimes recognition for the amount of hours you put into the project does not feel like fair compensation. Another downside to working in a client based industry is tracking the number of hours you spend working on each client. Sometimes you are not just staffed on one client and can end up working on as much as 20 clients in a day. Tracking the time you spend in compliance with daily time submission can get tedious.

Senior Management is a broad term as there is no 1 person you report to in this Firm. There is the official one you are assigned to, but of the multiple manager I have worked with, I give my gratitude for being open minded and professional about soliciting and receiving constructive feedback. I can speak for the people that I have worked with in saying my upper management team respects me as an individual and listens to my ideas and concerns should I ever need to discuss with them.

5008 Other Employee Reviews for PwC (View Most Recent)

Great place to start a career.

Current Employee - Advisory Associate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Advisory Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Provides great opportunities to develop a career path. Great growth opportunity. Great training. Great pay. Great benefits. Worldwide office locations. Education opportunities. Great feedback and mentor programs. Provides useful networking venues. Great people. HR very helpful. Provides informative luncheons. Upper management makes an effort to communicate all necessary information on a timely basis. Opportunity for bonuses at year end. Clear and defined career path. Firms works with you to meet career goals . Provides opportunities to volunteer with other employees at various events throughout the year .

Cons

The busy season can be very intense and draining for tax and audit.

Make more of an effort to discourage "clicks" and hire from more of a variety of schools.

PwC great learning environment but short on work/life quality with too much at stake with politics.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Top notch training and exposure to the best in the business with respect to knowledge management. Additional advantage to high quality engagements in most respects with great learning opportunities.

Cons

Work/life balance is more a punchline than a tenet. Lack of respect for subordinates is more rampant than should be in such a level of firm. Political game not necessary but ever so prevalent.

Remember that we're a people business and that if our people are not happy, our clients will see this and will respond accordingly. Take the gladhanding out of the equation and get down to focusing on true professional development and growth.

There are newer employer reviews for PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!