There are newer employer reviews for PwC

Good place to start a career in audit/accounting

Current Employee - Audit Senior Associate in Bucharest (Romania)
Current Employee - Audit Senior Associate in Bucharest (Romania)

I have been working at PwC full-time

Pros

They will recruit you and put you on a fast learning track. You will learn a lot through direct practice. You will be expected to be willing and able to learn fast and to be a good team player who can take ownership of the tasks. You get a chance to take a look at the way things are done in various industries, thus making you learn a lot.

Cons

Expect long hours in the busy season. Sometimes jobs may pop-up in off-busy season and you can be expected to postpone your vacation. Sometimes the level of stress you experience, highly depends on the level of stress of the people above you. Promotion process is highly bureaucratic, but somehow still ends in subjective evaluations and in political promotions. Expect to do lots of administrative work which can increase burden especially in the busy season when you are overloaded with the client work.

Advice to Management

Simplify the appraisal process. Eliminate some of the administrative tasks. Pay attention to the hygiene factors (things that if absent, demotivate your staff) e.g. team buildings, Friday night-outs, branded accessories. Try to align the salaries with other Big4s in order to prevent the best of your staff to move to the competition.

Other Employee Reviews for PwC

1. Senior Associate - PMI

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This is a very diverse company

Cons

Promotions in IFS must be applied for.

2. Good Learning Experience

Former Intern - Intern in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Former Intern - Intern in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I worked at PwC as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at PwC as an intern and I really enjoyed my experience. I learned a lot and felt that management actually cared about my personal development. I worked on projects with other interns, did meaningful client work, and felt as if I was really part of a team. I also got a chance to meet some of the partners, which was really unexpected at such a large firm.

Cons

Pay wasn't that great, and as a finance person, I'm not sure if I'd want to stay at an accounting firm forever.