PwC
3.5 of 5 4,671 reviews
www.pwc.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Not an ideal place to work!!

Senior Associate (Current Employee)
New York, NY

ProsIt only looks good on your resume.

ConsPoor training when you start with the firm and throughout the year.
Very low pay for work required. You are not getting paid for tones of overtime. In busy season depends on the engagement expect to work between 70-120 hours per week. There are team that work 7 days a week for 15-18 hours a day for 3 straight months! Don’t be fooled by flexible schedule. There is no work/life balance,
Health Benefits are horrible. There must be one of the most expensive in the USA!

Very inexperienced seniors and managers in certain areas. Some are only three-four years out of school who do not have good people or management skills. They were promoted because they were good with Excel, got reviews from their friends or they kissed the partners or senior management ass. Just because someone is a great contributer if he/she lacks people or management skills they shouldn’t be with the firm!
Serious micromanagement! This comes from inexperienced managers who do not know how to lead a team. You have people unassinged and other people working 55 hours a week.

Politics, politics, politics throughout the hierarchy! Its who you know not what you know to get ahead. Promotions are based on relationships much more than actual contributions! Very sad for a big 4 firm.
There is extreme arrogance among certain employees. Its like a competition instead of a team. This is not very conducive while working on a project.

Lack of intergrity among managers during the review process. Managers are free to make up what they want with little say from the employee!
Extremely unappreciated employees and a huge turnaround. From 150 people in my starting class after 3 years only 11 people are left!
I am very suprised of the level of immaturity and unprofessionalism of some senior management members, even partners!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementGive out a more vacation days, better benefits, and pay over time
Kissing up does not mean you are doing a good job
A good number of the managers and partners needs to go back to school and learn to act like human beings again, Employees should also be treated with respect as a resource of the company.
Need to improve HR department and employee evaluation since good/hard-working people get thrown under the bus and lazy people who are friendly with the right partners are left alone and get promoted even though they are idiots.
The words flexibility don't mean anything until they are put into action. Share some advice with upper management.

Great company

Director (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I have been working at PwC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: People oriented Lots of opportunities Good co-workers High performing people Cons: Not necessarily a con - expect high performance commensurate with… Advice to Senior Management: Continue transformation with technology and more integrated processes Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Loved it! I was an SDI Intern! Great learning experience

SDI Intern (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I worked at PwC as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Great Salary, Great connections/mentor-ships, The #1 Accounting Firm Cons: There are none. Great environment. Advice to Senior Management: Great Job! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on PwC.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PwC CEO Robert Moritz. All reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees.