Smart people, work-life balance missing

Former Employee - Internship
Former Employee - Internship

I worked at PwC as an intern

Pros

Dynamic environment, great training and individual resources to further knowledge

Cons

Time off discouraged, seasonal work is really year round

Other Reviews for PwC

Great Place to Start...if you're single

Former Employee - Audit Associate  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Audit Associate in Denver, CO

I worked at PwC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great training, both formal, and on the job. I learned a lot about IT Audit from the infrastructure and training in place at PwC. I enjoyed most of the people I worked with, and I enjoyed their vacation/paternity leave policies. I also enjoyed working on large clients, gaining enterprise level experience, and learning how to deal with difficult clients.

Cons

I didn't enjoy the amount of travel I was required to do my second year. I traveled 50% due to a bad economy in Denver, and having to take on another associate's clients. I didn't know it at the time, but the culture wasn't one that fostered cohesiveness, nor did it focus on client service.

The best of the accounting firms

Former Employee - Director  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at PwC full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

PwC is an excellent company with very smart people working there. It is definitely one of the best companies for someone to start their career at.

They clearly invest in developing the people working there, and the skills one develops in terms of managing others are hard to beat anywhere else.

Cons

As you move to the higher ranks, it can become political and bureaucratic, like many other large organizations. The path to partnership can take much longer than one expects.

There are newer employer reviews for PwC.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!