PwC

There are newer employer reviews for PwC

Good place to start

Current Employee - Associate in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Associate in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at PwC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Smart and nice people, trying to improve work-life balance, some good opportunities

Cons

Advancement is generally pre-determined. Above average and average performers are paid comparably and advance the same. Compensation is below fair (considering hours and expectations in peak times). 401k policy is weak.

5815 Other Employee Reviews for PwC (View Most Recent)

Great Place to Start...if you're single

Former Employee - Audit Associate in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Audit Associate in Denver, CO

I worked at PwC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great training, both formal, and on the job. I learned a lot about IT Audit from the infrastructure and training in place at PwC. I enjoyed most of the people I worked with, and I enjoyed their vacation/paternity leave policies. I also enjoyed working on large clients, gaining enterprise level experience, and learning how to deal with difficult clients.

Cons

I didn't enjoy the amount of travel I was required to do my second year. I traveled 50% due to a bad economy in Denver, and having to take on another associate's clients. I didn't know it at the time, but the culture wasn't one that fostered cohesiveness, nor did it focus on client service.

Complicated company

Former Employee - Advisory Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Advisory Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at PwC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Some very smart people who do care about doing good work - find them, and work however you can for them.
    - Brand still means something - and management consulting is an interesting space to be in.
    - The variety in consulting work is fascinating

Cons

- VERY political atmosphere. It's about who you know.
    - Utilization matters more than if you're a consistently good performer. I was laid off because there wasn't enough 'work for me to do', but had no visibility into sales cycle.
    - Travel and more travel.

If you say you're not an 'up or out' company, then mean it. Culture is progressive in some areas, but lots of management that doesn't really care if you work hard.

There are newer employer reviews for PwC