PwC

There are newer employer reviews for PwC

Decent.

Former Employee - Senior Associate - Advisory in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Senior Associate - Advisory in Boston, MA

I worked at PwC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay, good bonus, good career path, but I don't think I would ever want to work there again because of my experience.

Cons

Very difficult to work with some groups. The right managers are supportive and help you grow. The wrong managers can be destructive and arrogant.

Be better at firing managers.

5432 Other Employee Reviews for PwC (View Most Recent)

Don't be fooled; the work is mundane

Current Employee - Senior Associate in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at PwC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Teaches you good professional habits for recent college graduates
    Looks good on your resume
    Dumb people in your social circle will think you work for an investment bank

Cons

Within their consulting division, they portray their projects as super important, smart, and strategic. The reality is that those projects are in the minority. The firm's bread and butter is in audit and tax. The majority of the projects are large, terribly boring 'asset management' type activities no one wants to do. You might get on a few good projects here and there, but for the most part, you won't like a majority of the projects. PwC would rather take a boring 'dumb' project over a 'smart strategic' one 9 times out of 10. Less risk and looks better in the partner's profolio.

PwC is great if you're a straight up accountant who loves long hours but doesn't necessary need to think too hard. If you're more specialized, you don't have much of a future. The work skews to the accounts, so they have more resources (entry level college grads), they win more work, and they advance up the pyramid scheme faster than consultants.

Also, PwC is highly siloed. Transfering to another line of work within the firm will literally take years. They will say 'oh you can do whatever you want.' You can't. If you're profitable, partners won't let you leave without long notice. Any sane person would just go to another company and take you 15% raise.

Management knows what they are. They are a name brand. They build businesses around that brand. They really don't care about their output. I wish they didn't spend all that time trying to brand themselves a 'smart, sexy, young, ba ba ba' firm and were more unfront about what their business is about.

Good place to work if you're client serving

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at PwC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, flexible work arrangements, lots of dinners, happy hours

Cons

-I was in IFS, and there was little to no room for growth
    -Nasty Partners who wouldn't even look you in the eye or say a simple, "good morning"
    -Tried to switch groups so I could grow my career; quickly told I would "fail at the new role"

There are newer employer reviews for PwC