PwC

www.pwc.com
  www.pwc.com
There are newer employer reviews for PwC

Terrible mistake, arrogance at its finest

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY
Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at PwC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation, brand and that is about all.

Cons

Politics, Politics, Politics. Some of the most arrogant Partners that I've ever encountered. Always over sells to clients and then leaves staff to make it up as you go. Rigid work environment with no flexibility. You could be here today and gone tomorrow after they use you up and leverage your relationships. Left another Big 4 after 11 years to join PwC, what a mistake.

Overhaul Human Resources, force Partners to be "Partners" and invest in your staff. Eliminate all the metrics and crediting process, it has created a cut throat culture and everyone is looking to get out that is not a Partner.

5432 Other Employee Reviews for PwC (View Most Recent)

Great opportunities, but structure creates significant challenges

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at PwC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1.) Community - I love the people I work with. They are brilliant at what they do, but more importantly they are fantastic people.
    2.) Tremendous opportunity to learn and grow, exposure to senior leadership with clients.
    3.) Personally, I enjoy the travel.

Cons

1.) Politics - the partnership structure creates huge challenges to effectively deliver work. If you need expertise from another practice area, good luck getting it easily.
    2.) Leadership support - again, because of how the firm is structured, even if your leadership supports your work and what you're doing, it may not be valued by the rest of the firm. Particularly if it's not in the audit space.

Remove the red tape that prohibits employees from moving around, but more importantly, that inhibits our ability to effectively deliver service to clients because we can't "share" expertise and we end up competing internally for projects.

I Love working at PwC

Current Employee - Experienced Tax Associate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Experienced Tax Associate in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at PwC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The benefits of working for a big 4 accounting firm are amazing. They do everything they can to accomodate to their employees and they are very flexible with your personal committments outside of work.

Cons

One negative of working for a large company is that there are so many locations and thousands of employees that sometimes you feel like a number. I don't necessarily feel like that is the case in my individual office. Most of the time everyoine is very friendly and willing to help you out.

There are newer employer reviews for PwC