There are newer employer reviews for PwC

Good entry level position

Current Employee - Associate
Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at PwC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good way to get experience coming out of school and get your CPA license. Just finished my second year, but looking to leave for something non-accounting. Certainly a lot of opportunities within the firm, but I have no interest in becoming a controller or a director of financial reporting one day. I've advanced my Excel skills and learned how to adapt to a corporate environment with LOTS of red tape. If you want to move to a different city/country, the opportunities are there.

Cons

You experience can very GREATLY depending on your market, line of service, and most importantly the people who you work for/with. If you get stuck on a terrible client with terrible managers/partners, you probably won't last too long. Get on a client/team that's organized and you can probably stomach it for a while. You really need to fit into the box if you're going to succeed in the audit practice. There's no time for innovation or to challenge old ideas. The mentality is "just get it done." Which is pretty much true for all Big 4/accounting departments. I guess at the end of the day working for PwC helped me realize that I have ZERO interest in continuing to practice accounting.

To the uptight managers that think you MUST work 80 hours a week during busy season because we work for a public accounting firm: you need to lay off and calm down. This job is not THAT serious. Treat your associates like you actually care about them and they'll be willing to do whatever you ask. Oh, and why does everyone need to show up/arrive at the client site at the EXACT same time everyday? I don't need to get in at 8:30 just because the manager has an audit committee meeting that morning. And I certainly don't want to stick around for extra hours at night because I can work faster then the B players on my team and once I finish my work I have to help them finish theirs. I realize public accounting is a "team" environment, but I don't get comped for my coworker's inefficiencies. We don't all need to hold hands and sing kumbaya while we work. Performance bonus you say? What a joke. The fact that associates are ineligible for year end bonuses is another reason turnover is so high. This isn't a charity, when I work additional hours I want a percentage of the additional bill you're sending the client, not some garbage performance bonus that comes out to $5 after Uncle Sam robs me. I don't think these feelings are unique to PwC, I just happen to work here. I'm sure the feeings are very similar at the other Big 4 firms.

4990 Other Employee Reviews for PwC (View Most Recent)

Great learning experience but long hours in a fast paced environment

Current Employee - Associate  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Associate in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at PwC full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company provides excellent learning opportunities and a great base for advancing your career. You are working with intelligent individuals, both coworkers and clients, and are also able to get an overview and learn about various businesses and industries your clients operate.

Cons

The hours are long and one can find himself/herself in a very stressful environment at times. Almost always jobs are understaffed thus requiring team members to work long hours during year-end audits. Work-life balance (or it's rather called 'flexibility' now) is talked about a lot in recent years but in reality everybody forgets about this idea during the busy season (so if you keep getting scheduled on one year-end client after another you might never get a chance to experience the benefits).

Improve job staffing to reduce work overload.

PwC is a great place to beginning your accounting career

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Working for a Big 4 will give you a lot of accounting experience early in your career. The people are very down to earth and care about your development

Cons

The hours can be very demanding, especially during busy season.

There are newer employer reviews for PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!