PwC

www.pwc.com
There are newer employer reviews for PwC

Great learning experience but long hours in a fast paced environment

Current Employee - Associate in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Associate in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at PwC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company provides excellent learning opportunities and a great base for advancing your career. You are working with intelligent individuals, both coworkers and clients, and are also able to get an overview and learn about various businesses and industries your clients operate.

Cons

The hours are long and one can find himself/herself in a very stressful environment at times. Almost always jobs are understaffed thus requiring team members to work long hours during year-end audits. Work-life balance (or it's rather called 'flexibility' now) is talked about a lot in recent years but in reality everybody forgets about this idea during the busy season (so if you keep getting scheduled on one year-end client after another you might never get a chance to experience the benefits).

Improve job staffing to reduce work overload.

5632 Other Employee Reviews for PwC (View Most Recent)

High Quality Organization

I worked at PwC full-time

Pros

1. You get to work with outstanding/smart people who are commited to their work.
    2. They are high on meeting expectations and high quality of deliverables compared to other consulting firms.
    3. Great work experience.

Cons

You can work as much as you want to, and your career growth depends on it. Most people work long hours so you end up working long hours as well to outshine others. However, since the people are great, work doesn't seem so bad.

I've loved being an intern here at the Firm.

Current Employee - Financial Service Representative Intern in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Service Representative Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at PwC part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone took care to carefully explain processes, new concepts, and our methodologies to me. They were all clear about asking follow up questions: do it early and often. I can't imagine a better way to begin my career in the financial services industry.

Cons

The hours are killer. For me at least, everyone was wary about communicating the intensity of busy season, but nothing can quite prepare you for three months of 70 hour weeks and working weekends.

I'd have loved to get together with other interns to hear from Bob Mortiz or even to have had a little bit of face time with our group's managing partner. Overall it seemed that the place was a tight run ship: keep it up.

There are newer employer reviews for PwC