PwC

www.pwc.com

A challenging and rewarding work environment for self-motivated people

Senior Associate (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsAt PwC, you are given the opportunities to grow in other areas of your career aside from the area expertise for which you were hired. If you are proactive and reach out to HR, you can migrate toward opportunities that interest you. You have to be proactive and self-motivated. To work at PwC, you must think of yourself as an entrepreneur with your own company. PwC encourages you as an individual to develop your own "brand", develop an area of expertise (Subject Matter Expert) and a skill set that is unique to you.

ConsThe downsides are typical of the consulting industry. Generally, Monday through Thursdays are long hours. Friday isn't as long on client hours but is a day of doing administrative work. Much of the time you are doing administrative tasks, studying or taking classes on your own time but this is for your own development. As is typical of the consulting industry, you are traveling every week (this is a great way to earn airline/hotel points to pay for your next vacation).

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is on a great track currently developing transparency throughout the firm. I hope they keep listening to the employees and upgrading the technological tools for the consultants. Most importantly, management needs to address the work-life balance a little more.

Good place to start your career.

Audit Associate (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

I have been working at PwC full-time for more than a year

Pros: Gain plenty of experience in all phases of accounting and… Cons: The work life balance is very poor, but this is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good benefits and pay. Knowledgeable people

Manager (Former Employee) Washington, DC

I worked at PwC full-time for less than a year

Pros: Interesting work, if you are correctly placed in the right group. Benefits and… Cons: Travel and hours are very demanding, so be aware that you are compensated for this expectation. Large training and independence requirements. The training and education… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on PwC.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!