Good

Current Employee - Senior Associate - Advisory  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Associate - Advisory in New York, NY

I have been working at PwC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Work / Life Balance

Cons

More opportunities to work abroad will be nice

Other Reviews for PwC

Great Opportunities, Networking is important to success

Current Employee - Senior Associate  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at PwC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you network and put yourself out there and make your desires known, you can accomplish great things at this firm. The company culture is focused on flexibility and the firm stands by this motto, in my case at least. The are endless possibilities to learn, get involved, and put yourself out there but you have to be willing to speak up.

Overall, I enjoy working with my co-workers who are often in their mid to late 20s, and even the leadership, who I have found to have a relaxed persona. Although I have some horror stories, I feel that the healthcare practice is very strong from a culture standpoint.

Great brand recognition; recruiters and other companies realize this and will try to hire you away.

Cons

The pay is mediocre at best, even the CEO Bob Moritz stated on a Townhall that staff members are more likely to get paid if they sought opportunities outside of the firm but it was the "package" that PwC offered, that made PwC a desirable place to work. This is semi-true, a lot of us are just looking to make a certain title and then leave the firm for a higher paying, less strenuous position.

The performance review process needs a lot of work because it is completely subjective. It's basically a game of: 1) who can embellish the most, and 2) who has the most "connected" coach to get you what you want.

HR is not as helpful as you would like them to be.

Realize that people who are best suited for consulting are not always mother's or people with families. There are a lot of benefits and consolations made for mothers and fathers of families, which has no meaning to those of us who are either single or don't plan on having a family. So essentially you lose out on benefits and flexibility if you don't have a family.

Maybe if you paid more, you could attract and retain higher caliber talent. If you decide to leave the firm, don't expect the firm to try and retain you. You are replaceable.

Great Place to Start a Career

Current Employee - Experienced Audit Associate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Experienced Audit Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at PwC full-time for more than a year

Pros

PwC provides significant exposure to a wide variety clients, many of whom are Fortune 500 and 1000 businesses. Networking connections made are great for building a future career.

Cons

As with most Big Four Accounting Firms, it is a very fast-paced culture. Although flexibility is preached as goal, in reality it is very difficult to have a family or get involved outside of work due to the significant time commitment needed to work with many of the firm's clients.

There are newer employer reviews for PwC.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!