PwC

There are newer employer reviews for PwC

Great Opportunities, Networking is important to success

Current Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at PwC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you network and put yourself out there and make your desires known, you can accomplish great things at this firm. The company culture is focused on flexibility and the firm stands by this motto, in my case at least. The are endless possibilities to learn, get involved, and put yourself out there but you have to be willing to speak up.

Overall, I enjoy working with my co-workers who are often in their mid to late 20s, and even the leadership, who I have found to have a relaxed persona. Although I have some horror stories, I feel that the healthcare practice is very strong from a culture standpoint.

Great brand recognition; recruiters and other companies realize this and will try to hire you away.

Cons

The pay is mediocre at best, even the CEO Bob Moritz stated on a Townhall that staff members are more likely to get paid if they sought opportunities outside of the firm but it was the "package" that PwC offered, that made PwC a desirable place to work. This is semi-true, a lot of us are just looking to make a certain title and then leave the firm for a higher paying, less strenuous position.

The performance review process needs a lot of work because it is completely subjective. It's basically a game of: 1) who can embellish the most, and 2) who has the most "connected" coach to get you what you want.

HR is not as helpful as you would like them to be.

Realize that people who are best suited for consulting are not always mother's or people with families. There are a lot of benefits and consolations made for mothers and fathers of families, which has no meaning to those of us who are either single or don't plan on having a family. So essentially you lose out on benefits and flexibility if you don't have a family.

Maybe if you paid more, you could attract and retain higher caliber talent. If you decide to leave the firm, don't expect the firm to try and retain you. You are replaceable.

5777 Other Employee Reviews for PwC (View Most Recent)

You'll Learn A Lot

Former Intern - FSA Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Intern - FSA Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at PwC as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great exposure to financial services. There's isn't a whole lot of places where you'll be exposed to as many different industries as PwC.
    Great team based setting where you'll be mentored by very smart people.
    Open door policies where interns can just pop into a manager or director's office for a chat.
    Can't complaint about the paid.

Cons

Long hours, but then again everyone should've known when they signed up for a Big Four firm.

Management are doing fine, keep up the good work.

PwC provides limitless opportunities

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PwC full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

tremendous opportunities and ability to grow into a role to be able to manage your own work and career.

Cons

The same with all large companies, practices and procedures are implemented and required for all employees whether or not they apply to certain speciality groups or not.

There are newer employer reviews for PwC