There are newer employer reviews for PwC

My position at PwC was the best job I've ever had.

Former Employee - Client Account Administrator in Columbus, OH
Former Employee - Client Account Administrator in Columbus, OH

I worked at PwC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people and the Firm's National (and Global) Leadership are the best reasons to work for this company.

Cons

With any Big Four Firm, your job is going to involve a high level of stress; but the people you work with are truly team players... it will all work out!

Advice to Management

Keep up with the transparency... it truly did make a difference. I miss PwC!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great place to work

Current Employee - Advisory Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Advisory Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, great work environment, management that actually cares about their people

Cons

High travel requirements...can expect 100% travel within the advisory practice, mon-thurs

Advice to Management

Leverage virtual communication tools to decrease travel requirements

2. Sr Assoc Tax (San Francisco) ... Great training, too political

Former Employee - Tax Senior Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Tax Senior Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at PwC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I started in 2005 when we had national trainings where we were sent somewhere for one week a year to train and network. It was a great experience and it helped build my professional network. As my personal life has taken me to different parts of the country, I still run into people I meet from these trainings because the accounting world is pretty can be small. Also, the clientele is top notch. If you want to work on anything in the investment industry, you have to go to PwC or EY. The mid-tier firms just do not have this level of work. The myriad of issues you will see are great for building a solid foundation.

Cons

Where do I start? Advancement can be really political. Putting a carrot in front of people regarding promotions is pretty standard and then not delivering. The pay is pathetic when you count how many hours your work. Also, beginning in 2009 they cut the national training program. Instead of us flying for a whole week to another city, they brought the trainings to the big offices throughout the year and people from other offices weren't invited. This was detrimental to us building our professional networks. I'm going to be honest, a lot of people leave bitter. Due to hours, lack of promotion, or whatever. But if you want to succeed in this field, this is a necessary evil. The training and education I received at PwC was superior in every way.

Advice to Management

Promote people based on their ability and accomplishments. If you think you're not very good, the last thing you want to do is only promote people that don't threaten you. If you could actually hold your own, you would promote the best person for the job.