PwC

www.pwc.com
  www.pwc.com
There are newer employer reviews for PwC

Start off good but they overwork their people

Current Employee - Senior Tax Accountant in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Senior Tax Accountant in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at PwC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great resume builder, a ton of resources for research, get exposed to a lot of special situations, great training programs

Cons

Long hours, some managers do not appreciate staff, busy season will consume your life

5411 Other Employee Reviews for PwC (View Most Recent)

Sr Assoc Tax (San Francisco) ... Great training, too political

Former Employee - Tax Senior Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Tax Senior Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at PwC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I started in 2005 when we had national trainings where we were sent somewhere for one week a year to train and network. It was a great experience and it helped build my professional network. As my personal life has taken me to different parts of the country, I still run into people I meet from these trainings because the accounting world is pretty can be small.

Also, the clientele is top notch. If you want to work on anything in the investment industry, you have to go to PwC or EY. The mid-tier firms just do not have this level of work. The myriad of issues you will see are great for building a solid foundation.

Cons

Where do I start? Advancement can be really political. Putting a carrot in front of people regarding promotions is pretty standard and then not delivering. The pay is pathetic when you count how many hours your work. Also, beginning in 2009 they cut the national training program. Instead of us flying for a whole week to another city, they brought the trainings to the big offices throughout the year and people from other offices weren't invited. This was detrimental to us building our professional networks.

I'm going to be honest, a lot of people leave bitter. Due to hours, lack of promotion, or whatever. But if you want to succeed in this field, this is a necessary evil. The training and education I received at PwC was superior in every way.

Promote people based on their ability and accomplishments. If you think you're not very good, the last thing you want to do is only promote people that don't threaten you. If you could actually hold your own, you would promote the best person for the job.

Great experience fresh out of college

I worked at PwC

Pros

Good professional development and opportunities for interesting clients

Cons

Political environment, risk of being put into a 'box' in terms of client work

There are newer employer reviews for PwC