PwC

www.pwc.com
  www.pwc.com
There are newer employer reviews for PwC

Great place to learn

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Great people and team environment People

Cons

Long hours, tight deadlines, Hours

5411 Other Employee Reviews for PwC (View Most Recent)

Valuation Group Great Stepping Stone - Decent Exit Ops

Current Employee - Valuation Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Valuation Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at PwC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You develop robust modeling skills and don't have to deal with pitch books. Fun, collegial environment. As a campus hire, you can start managing teams in less than 2 years - won't get that experience in banking. Hours slightly better than BB/MM (however see cons).

Cons

Pay is below market (for the talent the group recruits). Very high turnover. Considered inferior to sell-side.

Move the group from assurance/advisory to corporate finance so you can offer competitive pay (or downgrade talent like many other valuation shops that are hitched to accounting firms). Assuming assurance/advisory has low caps on comp since they are attached to a cpa firm.

Great company to start a career.

Current Employee - Manager Advisory Transaction Services - Financial Due Diligence in New York, NY

I have been working at PwC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to see a broad range of industries and get exposed to management of top companies in the world from day one. The amazing array and range of people make for a great networking company. I can say I have made many of my best friends in the firm.

Cons

Career growth is pretty much standardized and predetermined. For overachievers who would like to see "results" fast it may not be the best place. At the same time, and despite the long hours which are pretty standard across any group/office, I would say it is a very laid back and horizontal company, where you you will find great people to make long hours easier to deal with.

There are newer employer reviews for PwC