PwC

www.pwc.com
  www.pwc.com
There are newer employer reviews for PwC

Not the best place to work for

Current Employee - Senior Security in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Senior Security in Dallas, TX

I have been working at PwC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Few nice people, who are willing to teach

Cons

Travel, if you are Partners /Directors fav u will be staffed. Else they will rot u on bench

5433 Other Employee Reviews for PwC (View Most Recent)

Great place to work but it's all about the numbers...

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at PwC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to work when you have a good team that you can connect with

Cons

Very long hours during busy season... Stress. During off season, stress due to low utilization and pressure from above to look for work on your own.

Get to know the team instead of just looking at their numbers.

A mixed experience, but worth trying at least once

Former Employee - Senior Associate
    Former Employee - Senior Associate

I worked at PwC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I was at PwC for 2 years. During that time, I had a chance to travel, to learn, and to work with many bright, interesting, experienced folks. There are visionaries within Advisory - you just have to hunt for them. The work was challenging, but it was a high stakes, fairly well run (considering the massive size of our clients, and our firm) operation, and the firm really does have a good brand and tries to bring people into an experience. Plus Bob always seems like a decent fellow, and the company is at least trying to evolve with the times.

Cons

They say it's not an 'up and out' type of firm, but that's just not true. Management didn't know what to do with some of the brightest folks, so as a result people left or were fired - and little in the way of overall vision came from middle management. There was pressure to get staffed, but ironically much of the business development didn't result in any client work, so as a result people were left on the bench and had no visibility into sales to even help that along. Disappointing experience in the end, and it didn't have to be that way. Conflicts between partners meant if you didn't understand politics you wouldn't get staffed - and that's a sad way to operate a business.

Make time to meet with staff openly and to try and cultivate actual interest in the skills of your employees and they might want to stay there.

There are newer employer reviews for PwC