There are newer employer reviews for PwC

Great place to learn and grow

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at PwC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You will learn how to solve complex problems as an individual and a team. Training and giving back is part of the culture. How to become a leader 101. Very ethical high integrity workforce.

Cons

Long Hours, lots of travel, and although work-life-balance is said to be important, it is in reality held against you.

Advice to Management

The culture of pwc and at most every company/firm has changed for the worse over the years. Where people wanted to make a career choice and stay, the atmosphere becomes different when jobs are now a commodity and outsourcing is the norm. Keep America strong and return to the values which made your company once the "Great Place to Work".

Other Employee Reviews for PwC

Good, forward thinking company, but mediocre pay and leadership at the Manager/Director level

Current Employee - Senior Associate - Advisory in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Associate - Advisory in New York, NY

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, some projects can be interesting, travel, good clients. Use PwC to your advantage career wise. Do great work at the client site, build strong relationships with clients and then jump ship for a significant boost in pay. That is exactly what I am doing and I advise you to do the same. After a few years in industry, you can come back to PwC (if you choose) and get paid a lot more.

Cons

This is NOT an up or out culture. There are SO MANY Managers/Directors that have been in the industry for a long time that have NO subject matter expertise. On projects, these are the types who just interact with the clients and literally do NO work all day. There have been instances where myself or other more experienced Managers/Directors have had to step in and salvage the mistakes these inept people have made. Pay is way out of whack. You can expect to make a good 30% more at another company. That's why I decided to leave!

Advice to Management

Pay your employees and focus on the work they do AT THE CLIENT. Reinvesting in the firm is important, but how well we do at the client site pays the bills. Please remember that!

2. Transaction Services Senior

Current Employee - Transaction Services Senior
    Current Employee - Transaction Services Senior

I have been working at PwC full-time

Pros

Great people and work environment. Great benefits and development opportunities.

Cons

No real cons but be aware of that job requires travel and a certain degree of flexibility which works in both ways.