A great experience.

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Senior Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at PwC

Pros

PWC is large firm, leader in the industry, a large reputable customer base. The calibar of employees is excellent, providing the ability to learn every day from co-workers and from interactions with clients in multiple industries. Performance expectations are high, so you are consistently working with the best. Although a large firm, there was the ability to do things at a local level to make change happen to improve the environment and business results locally. I worked at PWC when work/life balance programs were getting started and there was an openness to new ways of doing things.

Cons

Large. Need to use your internal network effectively to advance career.

Advice to Management

Fewer politics.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great place to learn and advance.

Current Employee - Audit Associate in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Audit Associate in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Its really a great name to have on your resume. There are also always opportunities to be challenged.

Cons

There are long hours during the busy audit and tax seasons. It a quite competative and reputations are established early on inones career.

Advice to Management

I would tell senior management that they are acutally doing a good job. I think that they need to keep training employees and investing in their people. I think that the focus on the employee and the indiviudual is the only way PwC will truly become the distincitve firm. PwC has only one asset and this is their people. If they continue to invest in them and keep them happy PwC will really move to the forefront as a great place to work.

The campus speeches and printed materials about PwC do not mirror the actual culture...watch your back!

Current Employee - Advisory Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Advisory Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PwC

Pros

It looks great on your resume.

Cons

Your experience completely depends on the group you get to work with/for and your assigned client(s). Unfortunately, I worked with a hell Director that had no life herself and therefore did not allow anyone on our team to have a life. They contuniously preach (and put in print) the importance of work/life balance, but behind the scenes (and definitely not in print), they put unrealistic demands on Management and Staff which makes it nearly impossible to have a life. And unfortunately they do not currently have the amount of work available for individuals to make a choice. Additionally, moving ahead in the Firm does not depend on your quality of work but on who you know and how well the Partners like you and unfortunately the office I was in contains a large number of "good ole boy" Partners that are still resistant to women moving ahead.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. OneFirm should not just be a slogan.