There are newer employer reviews for PwC

long hours during busy seasons

Former Employee - Tax Senior Associate  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Tax Senior Associate in New York, NY

I worked at PwC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It's Big 4 experience expected, great place for new college graduates to learn and develop skills.

Cons

a challenge for the family people. expect long hours and working on weekends. of course depends which group and your manager's work style as well.

training and flexibility are key to many.

5000 Other Employee Reviews for PwC (View Most Recent)

HR Manager

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager

I worked at PwC full-time for more than a year

Pros

The organization has great employee benefits and perks for working there.

Cons

The people you work with are horrible. There are 50,000 people you have to contact for assistance or approvals, but you must call about 6 - 7 people to locate the correct person. The Partners in the company think they are Gods! Its ridiculous! They have knowledge on auditing and HR has knowledge on HR. Let the experts in their fields do their jobs. Everyone I worked with was a complete racist. The Partners even tried to terminate diverse individuals claiming "they just don't get it" instead of investing in their staff. I sat at dinner as my Partners made fun of a Hispanic employee and proceeded to call him names for being obese. I explained that behavior should not be displayed, specially at the Partner level and I was told to "get a sense of humor!" Completely disgusting.

The Partners expect you to answer emails at all hours of the night, vacation, time off (there is no such thing), etc. The company boosts on Work-Life balance, but if you leave work before 8pm then you are categorized as NOT DEDICATED! The staff continuously complains about the amount of fast paced work and how hard the Partners ride the teams. Employees continuously reach their maximum vacation accruals because they are unable to take time off. Then a Partner contacts them and forces them to take vacation, only to have the staff work from home while being paid Vacation Time!

I have never worked for such ignorant people in my entire career!

Open your eyes and understand that others can still teach you things about how to run a company. Just because you are a Partner and on a higher salary scale doesn't mean you KNOW EVERYTHING! Get off your high horse and invest in your staff. Turn-over costs your organization tons of money per year. Train your staff to be the high performers you want them to be, instead of eliminating them for being DIFFERENT. Train your Partners to not be so ignorant. I believe all Partners should undergo Diversity training. The organization does not do enough to train their leaders. Also, if you preach work-life balance, please make sure all of your Partners are on board. On paper everything looks possible, if you have Partners not allowing a work-life balance then the companies policy and direction will never change.

They take good people and burn them out

Current Employee - Senior Assurance Associate  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Assurance Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at PwC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you are willing to waste your life formatting excel spreadsheets and spend all your evening and weekend hours doing so, they will pay you good money and offer excellent benefits.

Cons

The only people who last here are willing to give up their personal lives to do mindless work at all hours of the day.

There are newer employer reviews for PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!