There are newer employer reviews for PwC

long hours during busy seasons

Former Employee - Tax Senior Associate in New York, NY
Former Employee - Tax Senior Associate in New York, NY

I worked at PwC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's Big 4 experience expected, great place for new college graduates to learn and develop skills.

Cons

a challenge for the family people. expect long hours and working on weekends. of course depends which group and your manager's work style as well.

training and flexibility are key to many.

5190 Other Employee Reviews for PwC (View Most Recent)

Just another cog in the wheel.

Former Employee - Audit Intern in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Audit Intern in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at PwC as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Name recognition wherever you go, salaries were average, and a very business casual atmosphere. Generous vacation policy and training resources.

Cons

Almost immediately I realized how little I mattered at the firm and even on my team. Granted it was an entry level position, but I got criticized on my review for asking too many questions. They sort of expected you to just toe the company line and get your work done without asking any questions. Also, you never really know how you are doing until after the entire engagement is over, instead of being able to course correct during your tenure there.

HR was incredibly disorganized - I started Jan 2nd and after accepting my offer 3 months earlier, I only heard from them the night before on where to report. I felt very unprepared to start training.

Advancement seemed to be very much a factor of tenure and not ability or merit. Manager maybe said 10 words a day to us and only cared about studying for his exams.

While vacation was plentiful, no one ever seemed to take it. I even had friends that got criticized on their reviews for taking all of theirs in a calendar year. It is one of their huge selling points during recruiting but why bother mentioning it if no one can get out?

Change up the review process to make it more real-time so that your personnel can make immediate adjustments instead of wasting the client's time using sub-optimal employees or methods.

Promote your people based on their abilities to lead and communicate, not just because they have outlasted the peers.

Good company

I worked at PwC full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent co-workers and leadership. Development opportunities

Cons

Outsourcing IT support hurt productivity and the ability to get problems resolved

There are newer employer reviews for PwC