PwC

www.pwc.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for PwC

Top quality people, great experience, but it's very hard work.

Former Employee - Senior Associate in McLean, VA
Former Employee - Senior Associate in McLean, VA

I worked at PwC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You work with very intelligent, career-oriented people in a fast-paced environment and you learn a lot.

Cons

The hours can be very demanding, and some engagements very unrewarding.

5815 Other Employee Reviews for PwC (View Most Recent)

Great learning experience, but long hours and meager pay mean this is not a place to stay long term.

Former Employee - Experienced Audit Associate in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Experienced Audit Associate in Stamford, CT

I worked at PwC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working at PwC is a great educational opportunity and looks great on one's resume' - guaranteed to get a good job after working at PwC. I worked for around a year and a half at PwC and then left for a job that paid $20K+ more. I learned a lot about auditing / accounting. Working outrageously long hours performing difficult work helped me to become more disciplined and motivated - now I have better time management skills and drive so I accomplish more in my free time. Very intelligent young coworkers who are generally fun to work with.

Cons

The hours are unbearable. Mandatory Saturdays for several months on end during busy season. No time for sleep or personal life. Large amounts of travel. Cramped working conditions (at client's offices). I was not allowed to use vacation time unless I applied for it several months in advance. Audits are stressful, difficult, and boring. Worst part is they do not compensate in any way for overtime. They are absolutely exploiting their employees and profiting from it. I had previously worked for a smaller regional public accounting firm which paid overtime and in comparison put much more emphasis in trying to perform audits efficiently, whereas PwC has committees who brainstorm on how to make audits take MORE time so that they can pay charge the client for more hours while paying employees the same. Lots of time consuming administrative tasks. The internally designed audit software is very flawed and the computers freeze up for at least 45 a day for each employee.

Not paying employees for overtime, while simultaneously billing clients for overruns is extremely exploitative. Just because this is not illegal, as it would be for a "blue collar" job, does not mean it is not unethical.

A good place to start your career but this is not a long term fix. Typically under pay staff.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at PwC

Pros

It's a job and a resume builder.

Cons

Upper management can care less about people. If they did they wouldn't have such a high turn over rate.

Pay people what they are worth. You let people leav over a couple thousand dollars and than spend 60k to on board a replacement. No logic at all!

There are newer employer reviews for PwC