www.pwc.com
There are newer employer reviews for PwC

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Senior Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Brand
Training
Well known
Brings great talent to work in the firm

Cons

Long Hours
Compensation
Client demands
Benefits are limited
Vacation time

Listen to your employees

5320 Other Employee Reviews for PwC (View Most Recent)

Why did I choose accounting?

Current Employee - Associate Audit in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Audit in New York, NY

I have been working at PwC

Pros

The major pro of working here is the variety of opportunities you'll have when you leave. You won't be fired unless you're super rude and/or lazy and the work is so easy at an associate level that it's pretty hard to be bad at this job.

Cons

You'll be eating unhealthy take-out food in front of your computer for at least 3 months out of the year, getting no exercise, and getting more depressed every day. It's inevitable that you will hate everyone around you after 13+ hours a day for seven days (add more hours per day if your team takes Sundays off). As an associate you will be doing some of the most mindless work on the planet. Your friends in finance will be making double your salary and going home before you (that is if you still have any friends after months with no contact with the outside world). For some reason it's a competition of who can stay the latest and I don't want to play that game anymore.

It's all about the simple things for me. Be nice. Say thank you when I do a really boring task that you didn't want to do yourself. On that note, don't ask associates to do simple tasks that you could easily do yourself in less time. It drives me crazy to listen to 10 minutes of instructions for a 2 minute task that doesn't teach me anything. Also, let people eat their food in peace. Do we really need to have a discussion the second there's a fork in my mouth? Considering that we're here for 15 hours a day, it would be nice to have 15 minutes of peace to chew my food.

Great place to start and learn

Current Employee - Audit Associate in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Audit Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Training
    People care about coaching you
    Great name on the resume
    Opportunities to work across many industries
    Great place to grow professionally (you will learn a ton)
    Many benefits
    Flexible work arrangements
    Flexible with working parents
    Diverse Culture

Cons

The hours (although you know the hours are plentiful before you start and working the hours is one of the reasons you learn so much so fast)
    Low pay below management
    Medical coverage could be better
    Generally slower than other big 4 in promoting talent. It seems you have to be an acting <insert role> before you can be promoted to such a role. Also, very stringent time periods one must work at PwC before they can be promoted, which can be unfair to "high-performers" who are more than capable of taking on the duties.

Treat the staff as if they are actually valuable and pay as such. There is much talk aboutt PwC rewarding the so called "high-performers", however, there seems to be more attention given to management/senior associates as high performers than at the associate level.

There are newer employer reviews for PwC