PwC

www.pwc.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for PwC

Great company to start out your career.

Former Employee - Audit Associate in San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Audit Associate in San Jose, CA

I worked at PwC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Resume builder, swift push into the real world out of college.

Cons

Long hours and monotony. Like anything, you have to make sure its for you.

5769 Other Employee Reviews for PwC (View Most Recent)

Underwhelming

Current Employee - Senior Associate - Advisory in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Associate - Advisory in New York, NY

I have been working at PwC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good pay and benefits, brand name, depth of expertise of the firm/people.

Cons

It's a place where you're more rewarded for who you know and being someone's favorite, rather than for the quality of your work. Staffing is a deep black hole. No clue how to staff or handle MBA talent.

Reward people for the quality of their work. Realize that MBA talent are capable of doing more than taking meeting minutes or analyzing excel data. Finally, MBAs with 5+ years of experience should be brought in at the Manager level.

Great learning experience, but long hours and meager pay mean this is not a place to stay long term.

Former Employee - Experienced Audit Associate in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Experienced Audit Associate in Stamford, CT

I worked at PwC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working at PwC is a great educational opportunity and looks great on one's resume' - guaranteed to get a good job after working at PwC. I worked for around a year and a half at PwC and then left for a job that paid $20K+ more. I learned a lot about auditing / accounting. Working outrageously long hours performing difficult work helped me to become more disciplined and motivated - now I have better time management skills and drive so I accomplish more in my free time. Very intelligent young coworkers who are generally fun to work with.

Cons

The hours are unbearable. Mandatory Saturdays for several months on end during busy season. No time for sleep or personal life. Large amounts of travel. Cramped working conditions (at client's offices). I was not allowed to use vacation time unless I applied for it several months in advance. Audits are stressful, difficult, and boring. Worst part is they do not compensate in any way for overtime. They are absolutely exploiting their employees and profiting from it. I had previously worked for a smaller regional public accounting firm which paid overtime and in comparison put much more emphasis in trying to perform audits efficiently, whereas PwC has committees who brainstorm on how to make audits take MORE time so that they can pay charge the client for more hours while paying employees the same. Lots of time consuming administrative tasks. The internally designed audit software is very flawed and the computers freeze up for at least 45 a day for each employee.

Not paying employees for overtime, while simultaneously billing clients for overruns is extremely exploitative. Just because this is not illegal, as it would be for a "blue collar" job, does not mean it is not unethical.

There are newer employer reviews for PwC