Great people, but underpaid

Current Employee - Transaction Services Experienced Associate in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Transaction Services Experienced Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

What keeps me coming back to work every day is the people I work with in Transaction Services. They're great people. Everyone is highly intelligent and maintains similar interests in the market. I also enjoy doing the business development work which isn't present in other groups.

Cons

The pay. By far and away the biggest issue with Transaction Services is the pay. You're always going to get less than you think you should be getting. Your hours will be a bit better than auditor hours (no busy season thank god) and your pay will be essentially identical to an auditors despite doing deal-based work and having bill rates triple those of an auditor. It's insulting to sit at the table with the bankers and lawyers and know they're being paid at least 50% more than you are.

PwC also generally insists on a 3-year promotion cycle despite the rest of the financial world operating on a 2-year promotion cycle. Titles are just titles, what matters is pay which you will be forever disappointed with at PwC.

Advice to Management

Pay the people what we're worth. If our bill rates are 2-3 times those of auditor bill rates, how can you justify paying us just a thousand or two more than an auditor?

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great Company

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Solid Foundation, Flexibility, looks good on a resume

Cons

Low Pay, hard to avoid being labeled as an accountant

2. Awesome internship experience

Current Intern - Forensics in Washington, DC
    Current Intern - Forensics in Washington, DC

I have been working at PwC as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Wide variety of work, people are AMAZING, so warm and welcoming, great exposure to client work and many interactions with directors and partners. PwC is so flexible, chill, and understanding. I'm definitely accepting a full time offer.

Cons

I've heard working a lot of hours can happen

Advice to Management

keep up the good work