PwC

www.pwc.com
  www.pwc.com
There are newer employer reviews for PwC

Senior Assoicate

I have been working at PwC

Pros

personal growth, training, leadership, benefits,

Cons

work-like balance, compensation, promotions,

5433 Other Employee Reviews for PwC (View Most Recent)

From Exec Asst to Manager

Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at PwC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

PwC is a place full of very talented people who are driven to do more. There are great opportunities for learning and advancement if you dive in. There are wonderful benefits, compensation is strong and vacation and other holidays are great.

Cons

I wish that the consultants would take a look at some of the internal processes. That brain power is saved for external clients and while understandable, it creates a gap in the excellence that could be improved on internally.
    Depending on team or mid-level leaders, the drive for excellence can lead to a culture of burn out. The growth targets also build a bit of this overdrive into the system. Good self-care is crucial for lasting contribution.

Apply some of the client service focus to the process of absence and leave management internally to bring even more loyalty and trust among employees who face challenging times.

Avoid and go for any other big 4 (Deloitte is great)

Former Employee - Auditor in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Auditor in San Jose, CA

I worked at PwC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Training- looks good on your resume- get a chance to work with different teams and clients-a lot of resources available

Cons

San Jose office is horrible. As soon as I joined I was working until 2AM including weekends. There is no work life balance. Actually you even destroy yourself and your life as well as your health by being there. They make sure you move from busy client to another busy one. They did not even assign a coach for me and I did not have any coach until I resigned. This office has a very high turnover so every one really leave. May be other offices are better but I had a really bad experience. The first time I met the HR, I was really happy as I wanted to talk to her about my goals and the clients I am interested in, but unfortunately, she said " oh these things you can talk to your coach about and for your schedule you can talk to the scheduler. I just wanted to meet you to say hello". I was really upset as I did not have a coach and she knew that and she did not want to listen to me. She just wanted to say hello. As such I was more than happy to say goodbye .

Please care about your employees. I know revenue is the most important thing for you (achieved by having long hours) but it cost you more when employees leave. Also please change the way you choose your HR

There are newer employer reviews for PwC