There are newer employer reviews for PwC

The campus speeches and printed materials about PwC do not mirror the actual culture...watch your back!

Current Employee - Advisory Manager  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Advisory Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PwC

Pros

It looks great on your resume.

Cons

Your experience completely depends on the group you get to work with/for and your assigned client(s). Unfortunately, I worked with a hell Director that had no life herself and therefore did not allow anyone on our team to have a life. They contuniously preach (and put in print) the importance of work/life balance, but behind the scenes (and definitely not in print), they put unrealistic demands on Management and Staff which makes it nearly impossible to have a life. And unfortunately they do not currently have the amount of work available for individuals to make a choice. Additionally, moving ahead in the Firm does not depend on your quality of work but on who you know and how well the Partners like you and unfortunately the office I was in contains a large number of "good ole boy" Partners that are still resistant to women moving ahead.

Practice what you preach. OneFirm should not just be a slogan.

4990 Other Employee Reviews for PwC (View Most Recent)

A tough job, but a great place to launch a career.

Current Employee - Audit Senior Associate  in  Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Audit Senior Associate in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at PwC

Pros

PwC is a great place to start a career - you'll learn more and have more access to high level executives than just about any other job right out of school. The training and developmental opportunities are second to none.

Cons

Work life balance is tough. Typically I travel 25% - 35% of the year and for months at a time I average 70 hour weeks. I think this is fairly typical of public accounting, however. There is some flexibility, but the bottom line is that you are at the mercy of your clients. If you want to work an 8 to 5 job, this isn't it.

Please stop all the ridiculous back office reorganizations. It seems every month there is a new initiative that does nothing but waste time. It doesn't impact my job directly, but it makes finding decent support staff tough.

PwC is a good place to start off your career in accounting.

Current Employee - Experienced Audit Associate  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Experienced Audit Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Opportunities for promotion and diverse industry experience

Cons

Boys club within the financial services sector.

Be aware of fairness and bias when it comes to promotion.

There are newer employer reviews for PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!