PwC

An overall great experience

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Senior Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at PwC

Pros

At a very macro level, all Big 4 firms perform the same services. Therefore, the differentiator has to be the people. The people on my project teams have historically been very intelligent, driven, and knowledgeable on both process and technical matters. The firm's expertise in Advisory, Audit, and Tax has led to successful, cross-functional projects and our name has allowed us to win large projects across the US and world. The review process, whose end-game rating may at times be questionable, is very through and automated to allow for high frequency feedback. My time here has allowed me to be ready to succeed in other fields or companies.

Cons

Since joining the Advisory Group, I feel like our high level strategy changes in a very big way each year, including the Firm leadership. Our recent expansions into higher level strategy and implementations projects have not been filled internally, rather through multiple acquisitions and whose integrations have been handled interestingly. This, along with a shortage of technical, not "consulting" training, has led to Managers and above with a broad knowledge of products and experience, but Seniors and Associates with only on-the-job training while trying to take on bigger pieces of the project. Other pieces are simply outsourced to boutique technical firms that then leave after the project is finished. There also seems to be a timidness to remove weaker talent, but an aggressiveness to remove great resources who are paid too much.

Focus on a consistent approach to grading employees during and after the annual review process, invest in more technical training for Associates and Seniors, re-evaluate individual groups business models rather than the whole firm, re-evaluate salary bands for more uniformity within and in the market.

5318 Other Employee Reviews for PwC (View Most Recent)

Great place to learn functional & leadership skills

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Had so many career opportunities at PwC - a new project/role as often as I wanted. They really train their supervisors so generally, great to work for. Respectful professional culture.

Cons

Really really a lot of work. Long hours, travel, high expectations. If you seek out high achievement and are willing to work for it, this is a good place to be.

Keep having an open door. Keep being relatively transparent in updating partners and employees. Keep allowing partners to have input on decisions.

This is a great place to start you career

Current Employee - Audit Associate in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Audit Associate in San Jose, CA

I have been working at PwC

Pros

They finance you CPA education and testing for you. Amazing support system and leadership programs. The location is very enjoyable and clients are really likeable.

Cons

The work isn't nearly as rigorous as advertised. I wish we were busier and had more to do at times. Partners could be a little more proactive in assigning associates to projects.

Management is great. I think the structure could use a little more focus. Associates should be able to choose their clients.

There are newer employer reviews for PwC