PwC

www.pwc.com

An overall great experience

Current Employee - Senior Associate  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Senior Associate in Dallas, TX

Pros

At a very macro level, all Big 4 firms perform the same services. Therefore, the differentiator has to be the people. The people on my project teams have historically been very intelligent, driven, and knowledgeable on both process and technical matters. The firm's expertise in Advisory, Audit, and Tax has led to successful, cross-functional projects and our name has allowed us to win large projects across the US and world. The review process, whose end-game rating may at times be questionable, is very through and automated to allow for high frequency feedback. My time here has allowed me to be ready to succeed in other fields or companies.

Cons

Since joining the Advisory Group, I feel like our high level strategy changes in a very big way each year, including the Firm leadership. Our recent expansions into higher level strategy and implementations projects have not been filled internally, rather through multiple acquisitions and whose integrations have been handled interestingly. This, along with a shortage of technical, not "consulting" training, has led to Managers and above with a broad knowledge of products and experience, but Seniors and Associates with only on-the-job training while trying to take on bigger pieces of the project. Other pieces are simply outsourced to boutique technical firms that then leave after the project is finished. There also seems to be a timidness to remove weaker talent, but an aggressiveness to remove great resources who are paid too much.

Focus on a consistent approach to grading employees during and after the annual review process, invest in more technical training for Associates and Seniors, re-evaluate individual groups business models rather than the whole firm, re-evaluate salary bands for more uniformity within and in the market.

Other reviews for PwC

Current Employee - Advisory Intern  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Advisory Intern in Boston, MA

Pros

Amazing place to work. Great scope of growth. Good people. Good chance to network and to grow.

Cons

Salary is less for full time employees. Can be increased greatly.

Hike the salary

Great place to learn functional & leadership skills

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Had so many career opportunities at PwC - a new project/role as often as I wanted. They really train their supervisors so generally, great to work for. Respectful professional culture.

Cons

Really really a lot of work. Long hours, travel, high expectations. If you seek out high achievement and are willing to work for it, this is a good place to be.

Keep having an open door. Keep being relatively transparent in updating partners and employees. Keep allowing partners to have input on decisions.

There are newer employer reviews for PwC.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!