There are newer employer reviews for PwC

Mixed Bag

Current Employee - Advisory Manager  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Advisory Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at PwC

Pros

There appears to be decent work-life balance based on what I can see, although I am still very new to the firm so I cannot be for sure. But they talk about that a lot at least.

Cons

Salary does not appear to be consistent with industry practices - I hear many people complaining about how their friends at other "BIG 4" and niche consulting companies make more money.

Give higher salaries - you want your employees to be the best and the brightest and thus you should pay them as such.

5000 Other Employee Reviews for PwC (View Most Recent)

Rewarding job; but you need to actively balance it out with the rest of your life.

Current Employee - SPA Senior Associate  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - SPA Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Uncomparable learning opportunities! If you like to learn and want to stretch your abilities, this is the place for you. Very rewarding!

Cons

The job allows for a lot of flexibility and work life balance. However, if you want that, you need to push and be aggressive to get it. If your being overworked you need to say something and management will readjust. But if you don't say anything and just assume your management knows your overworked, things will remain as is.

Additional transparency is needed with major changes to the business practices. Although the changes made be necessary and have a good reason, by withholding information it causes employees to speculate and it changes moral. If management was more transparent, it would alleviate this problem.

Great career starter. Have MBA? Do not apply here... it's a dead zone!

Current Employee - Advisory Senior Associate  in  McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Advisory Senior Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Exposure to various facets of business. A perfect place for an individual with no predetermined areas of focus!

Cons

Bodyshop assignments... failure to align individuals with their career interests.

Cultivate junior employees (3 & 4th years and up) to align with career interests. Actively facilitate opportunities for client relationships, availing opportunities for advancement. Demystify the image of face time... too many people are putting in face time and depriving themselves of work-life balance in an effort to meet utilization & OT requirements - this is a sham to our people and more importantly our clients!

There are newer employer reviews for PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!