PwC

www.pwc.com
There are newer employer reviews for PwC

Great employer, excellent benefits, average pay

Current Employee - Project Team Specialist
Current Employee - Project Team Specialist

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Work life balance
Great Vacation (15 days to starts, 22 days after two years)
Great benefits
Tuition reimbursement
VERY talented co workers
Strong team atmosphere

Cons

-Average pay, considering the time you put in the pay is much higher in the public sector
Lot's a travel
-Really just 5-7 years of training so you can get a Manager position for a public company and finally get compensated
-long work hours
-advancement is limited if you are not a CPA

5596 Other Employee Reviews for PwC (View Most Recent)

Fend for yourself and you might learn something

Former Employee - Regional Leader
    Former Employee - Regional Leader

I worked at PwC

Pros

Training, leading knowledge experts, opportunity for transfer and promotion, looks great on resume, excellent benefits package, competitive pay, decent travel policies.

Cons

The politics are unreal, management often has an adversarial relationship with employees, reviews and promotions often tied to favoritism, not performance, it's not what you know, it's who you know.

Work life balance should include providing employees with a respectful work environment. In almost 20 years of work in international settings, I have never before worked at a place with such toxic, Dilbert-like politics. Disgraceful.

Amazing development and mentorship, less-than-amazing pay

Former Employee - Marketing Manager
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager

I worked at PwC

Pros

Creating a distinctive culture was a top priority for senior management, and while it wasn't perfectly pleasant all the time, it was pretty pleasant the majority of the time. I had great development opportunities and felt that I was given innumerable chances to stretch and grow while learning from those more senior to me. My department rewarded initiative and hard work, and an important part of how effective you were considered as a manager was your ability to guide and develop those more junior to you, a metric I felt aligned the individual manager's growth with the firm's strategic priorities.

Cons

Long hours, not great pay, and a glass ceiling on the career aspirations of those not in a line-facing role were the key reasons it wasn't an ideal place to stay for me.

Mostly I think senior management at PwC has the right priorities as well as the vision and leadership acumen to see them through, so thank you for that and for building a firm that provides for such great growth opportunities for its people.

In terms of constructive feedback and speaking only from my personal experience, it would be good if non-client-facing teams were better respected and given opportunities to add client value. The strength of the administrative backbone of the organisation has a great impact on its viability and competitiveness. When top talent leaves from client teams or internal firm service teams alike, the organization suffers.

There are newer employer reviews for PwC