I never had a bad experience at QBE until they downsized and put a spvr/mgr in charge that doesn't know what she's doing

Current Employee - Underwriter  in  Overland Park, KS
Current Employee - Underwriter in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at QBE

Pros

Great health insurance, good pay

Cons

Poor supervisor's/manager's making bad decisions. Over worked and under paid. Our boss plays favoritism. If you like to shop instead of work you'll like our boss. I like to work and do a great job, but our boss gets all the credit. Our boss hardly ever works, but upper management doesn't know that.

Take a good look at what supervisor's are doing to QBE. QBE would be surprised to see how often one particular supervisor/manager in QBE Agri OP,KS actually works.

Other Reviews for QBE

Constantly in "transformation mode" due to lack of leadership

Former Employee - Manager  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at QBE

Pros

Average benefits and good co-workers. Everyone is trying very hard to move the firm forward.

Cons

The lines of business are run like little kingdoms by very myopic leaders. They are struggling to integrate acquired firms and have a lot to do before the firm can actually function properly.

Think like one company, not six. Try to fix three or four issues at a time and do a few things really well. You can't do a hundred things really well. Improve communications.

Temps are like cattle

Current Employee - Claims Processor  in  Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Claims Processor in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at QBE

Pros

Easy, brainless work and management does NOT care how much work you do or dont do.

Cons

They only really hire temps. They promise they will hire you on but they never do, they just fire a whole bunch and hire new ones. Ive never seen such a high turnover rate anywere I have worked. You get NOTHING other than a paycheck, and when I say nothing I mean NOTHING.

Hire some temps and focus on productivity and you will have some loyal happy employees who will make you ALOT more money.

There are newer employer reviews for QBE.

Worked for QBE? Contribute to the Community!