QHR Technologies

www.qhrtechnologies.com
  www.qhrtechnologies.com
There are newer employer reviews for QHR Technologies

Not the company it used to be

I have been working at QHR Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are some great people working at this company - competent, friendly and helpful. Once upon a time this was a great place to work for....

Cons

Management has no idea what is going on in the trenches. Above that, decisions are being made on how to improve on all sorts of levels, but no one is asking the employees what we think of the decisions. People with seniority are being ignored, while the shiny new employees, with little or no experience, are having their voices heard. For remote employees, no matter how much we try to communicate, we are ignored, in favour of the people in Kelowna.

Capable and intelligent employees are let go, while completely incompetent employees are kept on.

There is no longer a positive team atmosphere - everything is us vs them. Finger pointing and blame are constantly happening, often by company members who haven't walked a mile in the other teams shoes.

And there are managers that should NOT be managers - treating people the way that they do is unethical in my opinion.

Employees are overworked in some departments, and pulling in a pay check for nothing in others - there needs to be balance!

Start listening to us! Some of us have been around longer than you have, and have some really great ideas on how to make things better. Some of us remember looking forward to coming to work everyday, and can offer feedback on how to make that happen again.

Get rid of the dead-weight employees, and keep the ones that are great at their job. And don't base the decision on either of those opinions on your "golden people" - Ask around!

Have some inter-team training - have client services people onsite for a few implementations, so they can see how challenging clients can be, and how it's not always the implementation team's fault that something is working the way the client expected. Have implementers shadow client services first line so they can see the kinds of calls that are coming in, so that maybe they can adjust how or what they are training. Have sales get down into the pits with both areas, so they can see the consequences of promising pieces to the software that aren't possible.

And as a manager, been respectful to us. There was probably a day in the past that you were one of us, and you should treat us how you would like to be treated

12 Other Employee Reviews for QHR Technologies (View Most Recent)

Unhealthy Work Environment/Leadership. AVOID

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kelowna, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

I worked at QHR Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

there are and have been some great people working for this company.
    I believe compensation and other perks the company offered were fair.

Cons

It's been a few years since I've been there but I keep hearing the same negative comments from people I still know there, or have connected with me, seeing that I once worked there. A fish rots from the head down - this is QHR Software in a nutshell. The COO of QHR Software has been referred to by a number of people I know as a sociopath and from my experience working with him I would have to say the same thing. Some serious personal help/counseling is needed there. Other reviewers on this site have used some pretty harsh words to describe the leadership - mean, insensitive, bullying, etc. Unfortunately they are all true. The Management team cowers, blames and throw others under the bus in fear. This is not a happy environment and not one I would recommend to anyone. I am baffled that this behavior is allowed to continue, and has been for several years now.

been there, done that. 'Get some help' to one. 'Stand up for yourself' to the others. You have to look in the mirror every day.

Welcome to the Twilight Zone

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kelowna, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

I have been working at QHR Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

- There are still a few hard working and decent people who work here.
    - Benefits are pretty good with stock matching program, RSP matching etc.
    - Nice physical office environment.
    - The hours are not crazy.
    - Good industry to be part of.
    - Provide good technology tools. I’m amazed at the endless technology budget.
    - Since there are arbitrary rules, if you are on the right side of the president, you can get a big raise when others are told there is no money.

Cons

- Many people during their interviews are never told the whole truth or outright lied to.

- It’s a culture of CYA – Management is quick to punish you for trying something new or coming up with an idea. So, people keep their heads down to just do their job.

- The senior leaders are unbalanced as they like to psychologically bully employees to make them feel they don’t know anything.

- It’s a revolving door of people. They quickly fire people without giving any helpful feedback or a chance to develop. Little if any effort is made to develop employees in skills development at all.

- It’s a comedy how many in the sales department have come and gone.

- The management don’t want to hear advice from anyone – unless it’s their idea.

- It’s very sad that the senior leaders don’t have a clue of how to manage or motivate people, and don’t really care to learn. Most of the people who could make a difference in the company don’t stick around very long. They have already left.

- When employee survey results come out, the president makes excuses or blames bad scores on people that must have left. So - no one takes the survey seriously anymore.

- Don’t be fooled by “best place to work in BC”. This award is only based on what the company tells them on paper of what benefits the company offers. They never actually survey employees.

- Programming skills are not at all up to date because the company doesn’t improve or develop their products. Most people in Kelowna only keep working for QHR because there are so few jobs right now. When things pick up, people will leave.

- Poor customers have paid support and maintenance for years, and the money likely went to buying other companies rather than updating the products.

- The company says ethics are a value but the top brass don’t even show any ethics in how they deal in business or with people.

- This company is not about making a difference in health care, it’s about the top people dumping the company and living a luxury Kelowna lifestyle.

- If you value your career, think twice before joining this company. It is the worst company I have worked for.

- Employees really want this to be a good company, but there are a few leaders who don’t know or don’t care to learn how to make it a great company. Some of you are too proud and arrogant. It's all about you.

- As someone who buys shares in the company, I wish the board of directors would recognize that the founder should leave and make room for a proper CEO to help the company grow properly. We no longer need a president who only likes shopping for sparkly new companies, then quickly gets bored of them.

- Get rid of those senior leaders who abuse employees and do nothing to improve the business. It’s obvious who they are. Just ask HR who has the most complaints.

- You hired smart and creative people – some that are often smarter and more creative than you. We want you to stop making us listen to the drone of your voice long enough to hear once in a while the ideas of your employees and act on them. You have lost the trust of your people, and we have lost respect for you as leaders. Just because you have an MBA doesn't mean you can run a company successfully.

- Stop being so arrogant about your products and realize that the industry has passed you by as the competition is developing their products faster. And since we have never actually made our own software (we bought it through companies we took over), we’re in trouble. If RIM died, we could be next.

There are newer employer reviews for QHR Technologies

Worked for QHR Technologies? Contribute to the Community!