There are newer employer reviews for QIAGEN

Leaves much to be desired

Former Employee - Pharmacy Business Manager in Gaithersburg, MD
Former Employee - Pharmacy Business Manager in Gaithersburg, MD

I worked at QIAGEN

Pros

There is some professional training available through the HR department. Sales positions are offered a company car. The benefits are slightly above average.

Cons

There is not much opportunity for advancement within the US organization. The Life Science Sales organization is constantly being pushed beyond reasonable limits to fuel the diagnostic dreams of the CEO. The diagnostic areas of the company are money pits.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. If mundane is your taste then Qiagen is the place.

Former Employee - R&D Intern in Gaithersburg, MD
    Former Employee - R&D Intern in Gaithersburg, MD

I worked at QIAGEN

Pros

I worked in the Assay Transfer group, which had a great team of employees to work with. The work being done at Qiagen is for a very noteworthy cause, and certainly demands diligence in providing a diagnostic assay that many women around the world rely on. Management very flexible with personal life.

Cons

Work in the Assay Transfer group is under the Development sector of R and D, which proved to be quite repetitive and boring. I worked there for 2 summers and there was not much excitement or dynamic that I hoped to experience as an intern. Stilled learned a lot though. Also, Human Resources department is horrible.

Advice to Management

HR needs to be revamped. Should not have experienced the problems that occurred with paperwork and punctuality in responding to concerns.

2. Nice place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

I have been working at QIAGEN

Pros

It's a good place to work, the colleagues are friendly and willing to share information. I learn a lot from working here.

Cons

The standard benefits are not as great as what provided by some other companies although they are already sufficient. I do not think it's that important anyway.

Advice to Management

Keep the current trend.