QIAGEN

There are newer employer reviews for QIAGEN

Mediocre Internship

Former Employee - Global Market Development Intern in Germantown, MD
Former Employee - Global Market Development Intern in Germantown, MD

I worked at QIAGEN as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Coworkers were friendly and helpful, especially when I was tackling to the learning curve of not having worked in the industry before.

Cons

US division has been going through some restructuring, so there were times when people didn't know what others were responsible for. In my role, I wasn't given a lot of direction or training and was expected to just go.

72 Other Employee Reviews for QIAGEN (View Most Recent)

A sinking ship

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at QIAGEN full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of exposure to new responsibilities, great co-workers, decent work-life balance

Cons

constant reorganization, continuing decrease in benefits, no accountability, poor leadership from senior management, lack of communication and significant cultural differences between N. America and European HQ, poor pay, increase in responsibilities without subsequent increase in compensation, constant changes in strategy

Be acquired by a company that can get instill improved culture and get rid of senior management. Stop decreasing employee headcounts in core business, hold all employees accountable, starting with executive level down to non-management.

About as good as any other office job. Nice amenities and decent co-workers.

I worked at QIAGEN

Pros

In-house cafeteria, good menu, clean, well-cooled in the summer.

Cons

Management can be a little touch-and-go.

Develop a streamlined focus, use clear goals when doling out assignments with clear future applications. Make employees feel like part of the solution.

There are newer employer reviews for QIAGEN