QPS Employment Group

Stressed out and underpaid

Former Employee - Bilingual Placement Specialist in Milwaukee, WI
Former Employee - Bilingual Placement Specialist in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at QPS Employment Group

Pros

Met some great people. I liked the fact that management would let you know if you were doing a good job.

Cons

Low pay, long hours, stressful environment. A great place if you're a suck up. You will go far.

Working at the South office, we mostly placed illegal immigrants (they were required to show social security cards but it was common knowledge that 75% of the workers were not truly legal) in minimum wage light industrial positions. Client companies often treated these employees quite poorly. It was sometimes hard to live with myself knowing that I was helping exploit people 5 days a week.

Stop hiring cheesy, smooth-talking people and promoting them to management positions. Listen to your employees when they regularly complain about the incompetence of a coworker.

26 Other Employee Reviews for QPS Employment Group (View Most Recent)

Branch Manager

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at QPS Employment Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Paid weekly, small office, free cups, new office computer, new printer.

Cons

*Micromanagement
    *Low Pay
    *Incompetent Area Manager
    *Benefits way too expensive
    *Unreasonable demands
    *Stressful Environment
    *Changing of Job Descriptions
    *Reports, Reports, Reports...waste of time.

You really need to hire compentent Area Managers and not someone that is just a good brown noser. Listen to the Branches and there complaiints of there Area Manager. You are going to lose more of your staff if upper management doesn't start listening. Micromanagement is the best and quickest way to lose good employees.

A Great Place to Start Your Career (And Stay, Too!)

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at QPS Employment Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Personal growth is huge at QPS. We are generally a very young company and there are a ton of opportunities for someone who is just starting their career. I started my career as an assistant as my first job out of college and have been able to grow to an assistant manager in eight years.

QPS is always looking to grow and expand into new regions. If you are someone who would have a future interest in relocating and would like to help open a branch in a new market, QPS is a great place to choose.

QPS has a PTO bank policy, which allows you to earn more time off the longer you are employed. I feel that our policy is much more generous in comparison to some of my friend’s plans.

Our executive team truly has a vested interest in the company and the employees. They know employee’s names in each of our branches and are very hands on in the day-to-day operations.

QPS has a generous length of service awards program, including $500 at 5 years, $1000 for a trip at 10 years, $1500 for a trip/spending money at 15 years and a Rolex watch at 20 years! Not many companies have something like this in place!

The work that we do is very rewarding. Knowing that you were able to help someone find employment and make a true difference in their lives is something to be proud of.

Cons

QPS very much has a "work hard, play hard" mentality. If you are an individual who is looking for a straight 8am-5pm, QPS may not be a good match for you.

QPS is looking for people who are able to give 100% every day. The work that we do is more than just showing up and collecting a paycheck; people have to be willing to work each and every day.

My advice is for QPS to do what they always do: listen to their employees, reward their success and help foster a great work environment for everyone.

There are newer employer reviews for QPS Employment Group