Stressed out and underpaid

Former Employee - Bilingual Placement Specialist in Milwaukee, WI
Former Employee - Bilingual Placement Specialist in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Met some great people. I liked the fact that management would let you know if you were doing a good job.

Cons

Low pay, long hours, stressful environment. A great place if you're a suck up. You will go far. Working at the South office, we mostly placed illegal immigrants (they were required to show social security cards but it was common knowledge that 75% of the workers were not truly legal) in minimum wage light industrial positions. Client companies often treated these employees quite poorly. It was sometimes hard to live with myself knowing that I was helping exploit people 5 days a week.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring cheesy, smooth-talking people and promoting them to management positions. Listen to your employees when they regularly complain about the incompetence of a coworker.

Other Employee Reviews for QPS Employment Group

Branch Manager

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at QPS Employment Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid weekly, small office, free cups, new office computer, new printer.

Cons

*Micromanagement *Low Pay *Incompetent Area Manager *Benefits way too expensive *Unreasonable demands *Stressful Environment *Changing of Job Descriptions *Reports, Reports, Reports...waste of time.

Advice to Management

You really need to hire compentent Area Managers and not someone that is just a good brown noser. Listen to the Branches and there complaiints of there Area Manager. You are going to lose more of your staff if upper management doesn't start listening. Micromanagement is the best and quickest way to lose good employees.

2. Administrative Assistant / Recruiter

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant/Recruiter in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant/Recruiter in Rockford, IL

I worked at QPS Employment Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work as a team to fill orders, company cares about internal employees as well as their contracted employees, great feeling working for a company you are proud to represent! I worked internally for the Rockford branch in IL and was sad to leave. I relocated to Arizona where they do not have any offices. I have worked for a few other agencies/ competitors and have made increasingly more salary wise, however, I have not been able to find a company I genuinely believe in and enjoy which has left me to continue my job search. When I started I had a few days training at corporate then was able to shadow in the branch I was working at before starting on my own. In this field training is critical, especially if you are new to the industry. I felt very comfortable approaching my co workers and managers when I needed help. I still stay in contact with many of my former co workers and they are all still there so there is very low turnover at that branch in particular. That speaks volumes, especially in this industry! Great company to work for!

Cons

Pay could be a bit more competitive for Recruiters, Formally acknowledge promotions and title changes - not just the work load

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!