QVC

Excellent

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

I have been working at QVC

Pros

Amazing work / life balance

Cons

Always busy. Sometimes longs hours; but that's expected as it's tv.

Stay trustworthy

221 Other Employee Reviews for QVC (View Most Recent)

Not a great place to work

Former Employee - Order Entry Representative in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Former Employee - Order Entry Representative in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I worked at QVC

Pros

-Flexible schedule was only pro

Cons

-Very LOW pay
    -Health benefits are expensive
    -Supervisors never knew answers to questions even after being there for years.
    -Very boring work and monotanous
    -Not a great place to work

Not a horrible place to work would be better if management had better listening skills and did something about it.

Current Employee - Returns Processor in Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Returns Processor in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at QVC

Pros

Can't beat the part time flex schedule for the pay you receive.
    Management tries to have employee involvement in sites activities no matter what it is.
    Most people are friendly and willing to help if you have a question or problem.
    Our site tries to practice what they preach to ALL employees.
    New site manager is making progressive ways to change how we do business for the better.

Cons

Attendance policy is very strict.
    Management will not bend on any policy, no flexibility. They will try to help you find a work around though. Too many policies bog you down and you get in trouble if you don't know about the policy.
    Raises are a joke.
    Metrics to which you have to follow are strict, they work you like a robot.
    Some old time employees have very bad morale, it takes down the group morale.
    You can move around to new jobs but pay is not based on experience it is based on pay grade. You will be paid the lowest pay grade possible no matter how much experience you have when you apply for a new job. Some people from the outside are paid more money then if you apply internally for the same job.
    There is a lot of passing the blame or that's not my job from HR and management.

Be fair and consistent at all sites and not just to the salaried members of staff. The company is very executive heavy and they are not held accountable at Studio Park. We have over 76 executives that are a Vice President or higher level in the company. Take a look at the ORG Chart from time to time to see what our structure looks like. It is confusing and surprisingly know one knows who to go to when they have a problem or how you can get it resolved.

We have no incentives for safety or higher raises yet our metrics continue to increases and more pressure is placed on the hourly workers to be more productive.

Listen more closely to the Q perspective or change the wording of your questions. You have no idea what the pulse of the company is and it's becoming weaker and weaker. You know what happens when you don't have a pulse any more? The company dies and goes into bankruptcy.

The company isn't bad but I would never have guessed they have been in business for 25 years the way it is run. You would think they are still trying to get the investment back for startup seed money how cheap they are to give raises and have nice employee events.

"There is one rule for the industrialist and that is: Make the best quality of goods possible at the lowest cost possible, paying the highest wages possible."
    - Henry Ford