Great place to work

I have been working at QVC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Every day is different at QVC and you can learn so much because you get to work with so many different departments.

Cons

-Not much room to be promoted -Salary could be more competitive

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

In-house Translator/Interpreter

Former Employee - Translator/Interpreter in Makuhari (Japan)
    Former Employee - Translator/Interpreter in Makuhari (Japan)

I worked at QVC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I really liked my position. It was challenging and motivating. I liked all the experience there in my position. I loved every minute of it. Top management (CEO) was not easy peasy but that was not negative after all and we had a good work relationship.

Cons

Politics could be very sticky sometimes - hard to relax. Always on tip-toes at times. It is vital to read between lines and anticipate what is going to happen and who is going where and doing what. My salary was satisfactory as I negotiated well - well prepared & give first and take later on. However, others, especially inexperienced staff and new-comers (late-comers) had struggled their way through. Disciplinary and grievance issues everywhere under water.

Advice to Management

Don't give too much authority too soon to VPs. Their linguistic ability and their facilitation of management = contribution come useful - understood. It could have become something they want to reward all the time or a lot in order to keep them - understood, but the very top management should be aware that they are leaching on the company and really devouring their privileges. Their roles and positions should be vital to the development of the enterprise. It should be made active and in line with where the company is headed for and EFFICIENT (cost effective) . Some kind of good monitoring and management system - distributed power - won't hurt. Just like you won't trust cats to look after their own food. It is the owner's fault to trust them to 'feed' themselves and expect it to be done properly. That'll never work. Be exemplary and manage them from grass root day to day.

2. stressful soul destroying, run by cliquey monkeys

Current Employee - Operator in Myobong (South Korea)
    Current Employee - Operator in Myobong (South Korea)

I have been working at QVC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

some nice people. other than that none

Cons

idiotic customers and management. close minded, homophobic management, set unattainable goals. to save money they will send staff home during busy periods. it will in the long run make you mentally ill

Advice to Management

get a agrip and reflect employees stress in their pay packets!