QVC

www.qvc.com
There are newer employer reviews for QVC

I don't wake up in the morning excited to go to work.

Current Employee - Work In the Warehouse in Lancaster, PA
Current Employee - Work In the Warehouse in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at QVC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Health benefits were great when I first got hired, slowly increasing copays & fees over the years. By far, their vacation time off is great. Attendance policy is too lenient for the slackers. 4 day work week is nice, but shouldn't be a weekend day for senior staff.

Cons

The culture is terrible, the tenured associates are miserable & depress everyone else. Too many people are hired that barely speak English, makes training & coaching very difficult. Working a weekend day is not fun. Some supervisors play favorites, while others are allowed to be condescending to their staff. The upper management team cannot be trusted. Some people get away with murder while other people's punishment doesn't fit the crime. Poor working conditions, hot humid dirty & dusty.

Quit comparing us to the local market, some of us work very hard for our money. We know when someone in upper mgmt has been let go & we know when they retire, the most recent HR Mgr was obviously let go, don't lie to us. We also believe that the younger Asst mgr for HR was most likely hired to replace the guy you fired, you're not fooling anyone.
Quit moving supervisors around!! We want some normalcy, you get rid of the good ones and stick us with the bad ones. Some people don't have the social skills needed & yet the friendly ones get pushed out.
Allow for more money to go towards tuition reimbursement. The amounts you give now allow people to take 1-2 classes a year, it'll take them forever to graduate.
Just quit lying to us, you think we don't see through your schemes?

237 Other Employee Reviews for QVC (View Most Recent)

Paranoid Environment

Current Employee - Too Paranoid to Tell You in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Too Paranoid to Tell You in West Chester, PA

I have been working at QVC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Discounts, easy commute, pretty central atrium and decent cafeteria, on-site credit union with ATM.

Cons

Sweatshop that is understaffed - long hours; the talk is teamwork but the reality is a lot of finger pointing and blaming, lots of prima donnas and a huge network of people who talk trash about others and who use the half-baked knowledge gained like this as currency. To you face your peers are your partners when in reality there is more buck-passing and snarky chit-chat than teamwork. The company works on the perception is reality myth than actual favt finding and integrity.

Hire more people; allow for differing career goals (not everyone strives to sit in the corner office, and some of us can't because of work/life balance issues) fix the parking problem, take those who cannot manage out of managerial roles, please!

The worst place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Diplomat in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I have been working at QVC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Health Benefits are decent but they get more expensive every year. They give a lot of sick time, which is good since the building isn't ventilated and germs spread like wildfire.

Cons

Management/Supervisors are the worst. The representatives on the phone are treated like cattle and not like people. The people (representatives) who do the hardest work and keep QVC going are paid the lowest and given less privileges. Supervisors act like children and do not do their jobs. Difficult to use the bathroom, even with a medical condition, you're only allowed if you can flex your break time. Cranky customers. The quality department needs an overhaul. The supervisors and managers as well as the people in quality should have to go on the phones when it's busy. The eservices department is treated better than anyone else. Only the supervisors pets can get to do extra things. The people who are never on the phone attend all the vendor visits and scoop up all the goodies. Required days are awful. You never get a full weekend off to do anything and usually your one weekend day is a required day so you end up working anyway.

Treat others and you would like to be treated. Look in the mirror, you're not better than anyone else.

There are newer employer reviews for QVC