There are newer employer reviews for QinetiQ North America

Project management role.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Reston, VA
Former Employee - Project Manager in Reston, VA

I worked at QinetiQ North America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The work is good and the facilities are nice. There are really good people that work there. Managers are knowledgeable and know what they're doing. The company does some amazing things in technology.

Cons

Some confusion about what the company does and its strategy. With all the acquisitions it is difficult to know what the company is selling. There is no clear business development strategy.

Develop a better strategy and objectives for the business units and communicate it to the lowest levels. Give people opportunities to develop and grow in the company.

reviews filtered by
  1. The Senior Leadership needs to really listen to the staff and not just pay lip service to their issues

Current Employee - Program Director in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Program Director in Reston, VA

I have been working at QinetiQ North America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

QinetiQ North America does have a plethora of real top class experts and individuals and it's a joy to work with them.

Cons

The recent senior management changes and the restructuring has left a number of groups adrift and unguided. Simply reorganizing and growing divisions by amalgamation works on the premise that the divisional managers and support staff can cope and this is not the case.

The changes and the subsequent mergers of divisions has left a number of staff that are not in the core 'Defense and Security' realm to feel adrift and unguided. This has led to a number of excellent staff leaving before the situation worsens.

The senior management needs to really listen to the staff and not pay lip service to their complaints and issues. How many staff need to leave before it becomes an issue for management to address?

Instead of promoting the Town Hall Meetings and engagements and nodding as the staff provide you their inputs, really listen ans act on the issues being raised. We are losing good staff everyday and we cannot survive while our technical excellence is leaving us.

2. It's been a good job

Current Employee - Electronic Pubs Analyst in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Electronic Pubs Analyst in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at QinetiQ North America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I like the flex time schedule.

Cons

the pay here is TERRIBLE!

There are newer employer reviews for QinetiQ North America