QinetiQ North America

www.qinetiq-na.com
There are newer employer reviews for QinetiQ North America

I had virtually no interface with QinetiQ only with the customer we supported

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at QinetiQ North America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay and usually annual bonus. However, in 2013 annual merit pay was not given company wide.

Cons

No personal growth. I enrolled into ITT Tech and had to drop out because my work took over my evening hours.

167 Other Employee Reviews for QinetiQ North America (View Most Recent)

Lead Data Entry Clerk

Former Employee - Lead Data Entry Operator in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Data Entry Operator in San Francisco, CA

I worked at QinetiQ North America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good work environment liked people I worked .

Cons

Good pay and benefits were fantastic.

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes?

Current Employee - Veteran Software Developer/Architect in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Veteran Software Developer/Architect in Washington, DC

I have been working at QinetiQ North America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

- Solid personal leave (up to 5 weeks for those with 10+ years experience) and benefits (still have 401(k) match.)
    - Mid-level management does seem to care about the welfare of those they supervise.
    - Like most larger companies, your experience depends greatly upon your customer/project. I've had some very good customers (Federal Civilian), so I've had some great work experiences. I've been here over 10 years.
    - Some decent training opportunities if you keep your eye out for them and it works out well with your customer. You can get reimbursed for non-degree programs and conferences/symposiums.
    - Given the tight constraints of the past year (Fed Gov shutdown, sequester, etc.), the company was pretty reasonable to employees.

Cons

- Uncertainty of what will happen to benefits with the upcoming acquisition by the The SI Group of the Services Group. Could be a reduction of two weeks of vacation time for those with 10-15 years of experience. Other benefits TBD. That will drive those with marketable skills out the door. But it may not matter to SI's business model.
    - Like just about any Federal Government Contractor, raises are minimal once you are an employee. Job hopping for the right position is what advances your salary in this field.
    - There was a compensation freeze during the past year, but that is supposed to be lifted.
    - HR and other centralized management functions haven't been the most efficient. The annual review system isn't the greatest. Recruiting is weak.
    - For a company of it's size, it's development of new technical solutions is dis-jointed and not the most innovative (Services Group.)

Good luck. There will likely be a lot of consolidation and you'll be fighting for your jobs or dealing with unrealistic constraints.

There are newer employer reviews for QinetiQ North America