There are newer employer reviews for QinetiQ North America

Great place for career and professional development

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Specialist in Fairfax, VA
Current Employee - Senior Marketing Specialist in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at QinetiQ North America

Pros

Excellent benefit packages (bonus / health care / 401K)
Opportunities for training and proffessional development
Great work life balance with telecommute opportunities

Cons

Internal communication can take longer than neccessary
Due to company integrations policies are often difficult to stay on top of
Slightly flawed review system

Fully integrate acquisitions and train all employees on what is required
Work on internal customer service
Continue to hire individuals who are passionate and experienced in order to increase win potential

reviews filtered by

Issues and Questionable Information

Current Employee - Technical Trainer I/Technical Support Specialist I in Oceanside, CA

I have been working at QinetiQ North America

Pros

They gave me a chance, directly out of the Marine Corps, to train and make a difference. The educational opportunities and benefits were very good, especially for an more entry level position. While the passing of information was good, by and large, that is about where the pros stopped.

Cons

To use a term from my time in the Marines, we were "mushroomed" as the end of our contract approached. Basically we were kept in the dark and fed manure. The leadership kept saying "we will try our best to find new positions", but when push came to shove, there was basically no movement until the end of our current contract.
    I do understand the contracting world, but this was ridiculous. On top of that, it went from you have a month, to two weeks, to 4 days. Any opportunities that were showing as available on their internal website were wither filled already and not removed, had someone picked prior to award, or no longer existed and not removed.
    In the end, the way we were rewarded for a long period of hard work was to be led along, with no true opportunity to continue with the company.

My advice is to be honest with your "foot soldier" employees. That is not meant for you specifically, but more as advice for the manager beneath you. Many of us feel like we were strung along to complete one more training evolution, and then left hanging.
    I understand that several large opportunities were lost, but that is no excuse for continually putting out a message of "We will try to take care of you guys." This is especially true since that same attitude was carried through until overhead became an issue.
    Overall, I would recommend QNA to other people searching for jobs, as it was a good experience, but some of the middle leadership needs work, since information making it to us on the bottom was basically nil.
    In terms of your leadership of the company, I give it a 4, but that is mainly the fault of those below you.

2. Vastly Different in Different Sections of Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at QinetiQ North America

Pros

* Stable company
    * Team environment encouraged
    * Open communication between employees and sr management
    * Great work / life balance

Cons

* Some departments do not provide good opportunity for growth
    * frequent changes that aren't always communicated to enough people

Nothing really.