There are newer employer reviews for QinetiQ

Interesting projects, great people, Changing environment.

I worked at QinetiQ as an intern

Pros

The work at QinetiQ is some of the most interesting anywhere. With a great range of possibilities, business has now been streamlined. The company has a great work life balance.

Cons

The company was going through a period of major change at the time of working, with many fearing for jobs. But the company previously had issues harnessing the capabilities of the employees to create products.

66 Other Employee Reviews for QinetiQ (View Most Recent)

Greedy and belligerent Senior management made working here unpleasant

Former Employee - Electronic Engineer  in  Kyle of Lochalsh, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Electronic Engineer in Kyle of Lochalsh, Scotland (UK)

I worked at QinetiQ full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Amazing work with some quite unique opportunities. There was always something different and I had a fantastic workplace.

Cons

In recent years senior management have dramatically changed the company. This was needed as QinetiQ had been struggling with out-of-date practices and a bloat of middle management. However, the method used placed many extra burdens on low level employees, many of whom had little support. This was made worse by a culture which did little to prevent bullying and encourages 'sticks', rather than 'carrots'. The result was that many employees became demoralised and disengaged. Some, like myself, jumped ship. Others remain. I hope for them that the situation improves, but I fear that it will not until senior management changes.

My experience of senior management at QinetiQ is that there is little that the employees could say that would be listened to. Therefore, the only advice I can give at this time is that they should listen to their remaining employees.

Employees treated with disdain while higher management snout the trough.

Former Employee - Senior Engineer  in  Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

I worked at QinetiQ full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some interesting varied work on aerospace and defence related projects, whilst the company will not invest career wise in emplyees you do have a chance to get some experience on high tech equipment.

Cons

No investment in staff,treated like a mug and under paid

Stop the self congratulations and constant blood squeezing from the workers.

There are newer employer reviews for QinetiQ

Worked for QinetiQ? Contribute to the Community!