There are newer employer reviews for Quad/Tech

OK

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sussex, WI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sussex, WI

I worked at Quad/Tech

Pros

I enjoyed my job, the products and services I was writing about, and my boss was top notch.

Cons

Their employee-owned and managed medical care, QuadMed, is the pits. If you have a pre-existing condition, be prepared to pay out the ASS for care and meds for it. For example, MS and diabetes drugs will probably call for you to get on the charity programs offered by the pharmaceutical companies. Over $1000 a month out of pocket for injectables. So, think before you sign on the dotted line!

Hiring an employee only to lay them off a year and a half later seems kind of ridiculous, don't you think?

11 Other Employee Reviews for Quad/Tech (View Most Recent)

Not run like a real business

Former Employee - Marketing  in  Sussex, WI
    Former Employee - Marketing in Sussex, WI

I worked at Quad/Tech

Pros

An engineer's paradise (from a marketer's perspective) it's driven by the needs of the parent company, Quad/Graphics. Lots of change, lots of pursuit of new and different things.

Cons

The culture started by founder Harry Quadracci died with him. QuadTech isn't run to financial controls, so decision making often seems random and reactionary. Sometimes new ideas come and go so quickly it seems more like aimless trial and error. Hard to keep up with the fads at times.

Focus on fundamentals, run the company to financial controls (i.e cash flow) even if a rich parent makes it unnecessary.

Enjoyable work, lack of vision

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Sussex, WI
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sussex, WI

I have been working at Quad/Tech full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There are many challenging engineering problems to solve. Pay and benefits are average, and the people I work with are very talented.

Cons

Our leadership continues to hinge their hopes on a dying industry. There are so many untapped markets that we could move into with the talent and knowledge we have, but there doesn't seem to be any desire from the top to try something different.

It feels like we're on the Titanic.

There are newer employer reviews for Quad/Tech

Worked for Quad/Tech? Contribute to the Community!