There are newer employer reviews for Quad/Tech

OK

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sussex, WI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sussex, WI

I worked at Quad/Tech

Pros

I enjoyed my job, the products and services I was writing about, and my boss was top notch.

Cons

Their employee-owned and managed medical care, QuadMed, is the pits. If you have a pre-existing condition, be prepared to pay out the ASS for care and meds for it. For example, MS and diabetes drugs will probably call for you to get on the charity programs offered by the pharmaceutical companies. Over $1000 a month out of pocket for injectables. So, think before you sign on the dotted line!

Hiring an employee only to lay them off a year and a half later seems kind of ridiculous, don't you think?

reviews filtered by

Not run like a real business

Former Employee - Marketing in Sussex, WI
    Former Employee - Marketing in Sussex, WI

I worked at Quad/Tech

Pros

An engineer's paradise (from a marketer's perspective) it's driven by the needs of the parent company, Quad/Graphics. Lots of change, lots of pursuit of new and different things.

Cons

The culture started by founder Harry Quadracci died with him. QuadTech isn't run to financial controls, so decision making often seems random and reactionary. Sometimes new ideas come and go so quickly it seems more like aimless trial and error. Hard to keep up with the fads at times.

Focus on fundamentals, run the company to financial controls (i.e cash flow) even if a rich parent makes it unnecessary.

2. Positive life changer,

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Quad/Tech

Pros

Structure is established to help support and develop your core skill set.

Cons

Specialization is celebrated, diversity of skills is challenging to achieve due to this.

Invest in workforce education with time and cash.

There are newer employer reviews for Quad/Tech