High political/buddy system in Product & Test group

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Staff Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Qualcomm

Pros

Good benefits and fair salary

Cons

Not a trustable environment between group.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great place to work, good benefits

Former Employee - Business Process Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Business Process Analyst in San Diego, CA

I worked at Qualcomm

Pros

-Great benefits, including full health/dental -Tuition reimbursement (if related to your job) -Bonus structure -Stock plan -401k matching -Clear management goals, good structure to the company -Well-defined roles -Internal inovation process where you can submit new product ideas.

Cons

-The roles can be too narrow if you are a jack-of-all-trades -Stock upside isn't what it used to be -Hard to advance up the ladder quickly

Advice to Management

Help employees get more training by supporting more education opportunities in nearby colleges or even onsite. I saw many friends leave that were talented but couldn't find a role within the company because the roles tend to be narrowly focused. Also, don't rely on the massive revenue from royalties, seek to take more risks in bringing new products/ideas to market even if some don't succeed. Place even more emphasis on internal innovation and allow employees to devote a portion of their day-hours to this effort.

2. satisfying and rewarding

Current Employee - Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Qualcomm

Pros

Qualcomm is working on some cutting-edge , fast-to-market wireless technologies, which allows all its employees, irrespective of the job title, to be part of contributing to the rapidly changing mobile industry.

Cons

I feel the downside of working at Qualcomm headquarters is the probably the long work hours and aggressive project delivery schedules

Advice to Management

from my perspective, the leadership at Qualcomm is doing a great job. Having been in the industry for a year, I do not have any advice to the management just yet :)