Qualcomm

Overall ok, not great.

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Staff Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Qualcomm

Pros

Industry leader, cutting-edge development, decent salary, good health insurance.

Cons

Little/no reward for research or new ideas from management indicating the company is no longer interested in future technologies.

People making decisions sometimes do not have right technical background. Instead of always looking from top, please try to look from a different angle sometimes.

1900 Other Employee Reviews for Qualcomm (View Most Recent)

One of the most boring jobs I've ever had

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Qualcomm

Pros

The benefits at Qualcomm are very good -- free medical/dental/vision. Decent 401K match. ESPP is good too (stock is doing very well). Free gym membership. There's a good work/life balance here. Compensation is also pretty good (but I can't comment on the bonus plan).

Cons

This was one of the most boring jobs I ever had. It turned out to be more of a sustaining/maintainence role. Bug fixing occupied about 80% of my time. There's very little feature development going on in San Jose. Most of the significant work is happening in India.

Put more effort into assigning work and projects to San Jose based engineers so that they'll feel as if they have a stake in the success of QCA.

Working in fast paced, innovative and start up like environment in a growing industry

Current Employee - Hardware Engineer Staff in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Hardware Engineer Staff in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Qualcomm

Pros

Minimal micro-management, lots of leeway given to engineers, start-up feel

Cons

Top loaded, harder and harder to get promoted, discourages younger engineers

Continue with great strategic management of core products as well as other projects

There are newer employer reviews for Qualcomm