There are newer employer reviews for Qualcomm

Overall ok, not great.

Current Employee - Staff Engineer  in  San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Staff Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Qualcomm

Pros

Industry leader, cutting-edge development, decent salary, good health insurance.

Cons

Little/no reward for research or new ideas from management indicating the company is no longer interested in future technologies.

People making decisions sometimes do not have right technical background. Instead of always looking from top, please try to look from a different angle sometimes.

1621 Other Employee Reviews for Qualcomm (View Most Recent)

One of the most boring jobs I've ever had

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Qualcomm

Pros

The benefits at Qualcomm are very good -- free medical/dental/vision. Decent 401K match. ESPP is good too (stock is doing very well). Free gym membership. There's a good work/life balance here. Compensation is also pretty good (but I can't comment on the bonus plan).

Cons

This was one of the most boring jobs I ever had. It turned out to be more of a sustaining/maintainence role. Bug fixing occupied about 80% of my time. There's very little feature development going on in San Jose. Most of the significant work is happening in India.

Put more effort into assigning work and projects to San Jose based engineers so that they'll feel as if they have a stake in the success of QCA.

Women Beware - its not easy being a girl.

Current Employee - Program Analyst  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Program Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Qualcomm

Pros

Amazing technology - the products are state of the art, the environment is very fast paced and it can be a very exicting place to work. Its also very rewarding to see someone using a device you helped launch. Schedules are generally flexible, and the company provides swimming pools, full gym access to anyone who wants to use it, tennis courts, basketball courts, ping pong tables, free sodas, and if the admin in your area is cool, you can have munchies galore.

Cons

The atmosphere is very difficult and negative. There is no accountability, and it feels as if everyone is at war. In addition to the hositile environment, there are many mid-level managers that treat others like dogs. Nervous, negative yuckness is what it feels like as soon as you walk into the building (Q) , Whats worse is, your made to feel as if your contribution to the company means nothing; yyou are a dime a dozen. The mostly all male - mid-level managers have risen above, not because of talent or super abilities, because everyone who works there is in their own rite a "super star", and a "talented individual", it is because they are ruthless. Purely mean and terrible people.

Dear QCT leaders, there are so many great things the comapny does for the employees, but all of it means nothing when the atmosphere is so aweful. Here is my suggestion:
    Leaders we need you to lead, we will follow your steps all the way if you take a path... any path. Accountability and forgiveness is inspiring.

There are newer employer reviews for Qualcomm

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!