There are newer employer reviews for Qualcomm

QCOM - Very challenging work, great benefits/bonuses, CRAZY LONG WORK HOURS IN QCT - A SWEATSHOP

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Staff Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Qualcomm full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Challenging work, very professional staff, great benefits, industry leader, room to grow.

Cons

If working in the largest division, QCT - (Qualcomm CDMA Technologies) - it's a SWEATSHOP, SWEATSHOP, SWEATSHOP... expect 60+ hour weeks routine unless you are very good at pushing back. That is why they are industry leader - they extract more output per employee than similar companies at the expense of the employee.

Advice to Management

What's the point - they won't listen. It's a public shareholder driven company. No one cares about work-life balance. To solve that will require hiring more people which means a potential cut in profits. It's a machine. People only fool themselves when they think "a corporation cares about me"

Other Employee Reviews for Qualcomm

The worst employer of all time.

I worked at Qualcomm full-time

Pros

Health insurance is very good. Nice facilities including exercise rooms. Internal clubs formed by employees for special interests and hobbies. Cutting edge technogy for some lucky few.

Cons

My experience at Qualcomm was extremely negative. The main problem was most of my technical leads were inexperienced and untrained as leads, were not clear on their expectations, were unhelpful technically, and were excessively critical. Several of them were literally the worst leaders imaginable. I was not given time or resources necessary to learn new technologies before being expected to perform on them, and management was unsympathetic for my attempts to seek help. There was no work life balance. I worked extremely long hours without receiving even a 'thank you' in most cases. While there are some opportunities to work on cutting edge technologies, many if not most positions involve maintaining/porting existing/old poorly documented fragmented code.

2. not good

Pros

Stable, growing, new technology, location

Cons

unfair, exploiting, politics, work overtime