There are newer employer reviews for Qualcomm

A great place for an engineering internship

Former Employee - Interim Engineering Intern in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Interim Engineering Intern in San Diego, CA

Pros

The people are great. I loved striking up conversations with just about anybody. You're surrounded by incredibly intelligent individuals, and you can learn a lot from normal conversation. I had a relatively challenging project and I was able to see the final product before I left. Also, San Diego is amazing, I can't think of a better place to live.

Cons

Sometimes people in other departments didn't do their job and it help up my project. There is some bureaucracy, thought significantly less than other companies I have interned with. Honestly, the worst part about the whole thing is having to leave.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on developing new technologies and push QCT products as aggressively as possible for the 4G era. There are some projects I'm not so sold on (Zeebo), and others that I think are great but are currently too overpriced (FLO).

Other Employee Reviews for Qualcomm

Good benefits and work culture. Can be bureaucratic at times...

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA

Pros

-Benefits are above average -Qualcomm is an industry leader in a growing industry -Flexability in work hours -A lot of intelligent collegues

Cons

-There can be a lot of bureaucracy for a company that prides itself on its start-up roots -Decisions tend to be made slowly and in consensus (instead of mid-level management showing leadership) -For those outside of engineering, there are few others within your job function at the company

Advice to Management

I think executive level management does a good job of communicating strategy and direction for the company, but divisional level management seems to be hit or miss in doing the same. Often what is preached is not practiced.

Great benefits, but limited career growth

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

Excellent benefits, onsite gyms, superb reputation within the San Diego community, great for your resume.

Cons

Little challenge with work; most employees get only a slice of the pie. Although there is an internal opportunity system there is little opportunity for growth unless you're connected. The organization has become too large, and there are quiet layoffs on a regular basis.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your employees and be honest. Many managers don't submit written reviews on their employees. Take the time and be fair to your employees for their development.