Qualcomm

www.qualcomm.com
  www.qualcomm.com
There are newer employer reviews for Qualcomm

A great place for an engineering internship

Former Employee - Interim Engineering Intern in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Interim Engineering Intern in San Diego, CA

I worked at Qualcomm

Pros

The people are great. I loved striking up conversations with just about anybody. You're surrounded by incredibly intelligent individuals, and you can learn a lot from normal conversation. I had a relatively challenging project and I was able to see the final product before I left.

Also, San Diego is amazing, I can't think of a better place to live.

Cons

Sometimes people in other departments didn't do their job and it help up my project. There is some bureaucracy, thought significantly less than other companies I have interned with.

Honestly, the worst part about the whole thing is having to leave.

Keep focusing on developing new technologies and push QCT products as aggressively as possible for the 4G era. There are some projects I'm not so sold on (Zeebo), and others that I think are great but are currently too overpriced (FLO).

1771 Other Employee Reviews for Qualcomm (View Most Recent)

Good benefits and work culture. Can be bureaucratic at times...

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Qualcomm

Pros

-Benefits are above average
    -Qualcomm is an industry leader in a growing industry
    -Flexability in work hours
    -A lot of intelligent collegues

Cons

-There can be a lot of bureaucracy for a company that prides itself on its start-up roots
    -Decisions tend to be made slowly and in consensus (instead of mid-level management showing leadership)
    -For those outside of engineering, there are few others within your job function at the company

I think executive level management does a good job of communicating strategy and direction for the company, but divisional level management seems to be hit or miss in doing the same. Often what is preached is not practiced.

Superb Benefits

Current Employee - Patent Counsel in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Patent Counsel in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Qualcomm

Pros

Great benefits and profit sharing. Very cutting edge technology and tremendously intelligent workforce. Exellent work life balance. Ridiculously good weather.

Cons

San Diego is expensive. Big company makes it easy to get lost in the shuffle. Long time mediocre employees are sometimes promoted to a level of supreme incompetence.

Watch out for too many middle manager who don't actually do anything. Same goes for VPs. Give more aggressive guidance.

There are newer employer reviews for Qualcomm