Qualcomm
3.8 of 5 1,526 reviews
www.qualcomm.com San Diego, CA 5000+ Employees

Fantastic place to work, great benefits, great people - but be prepared for stress.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA

ProsThe company has great benefits and career opportunities. Full time employees wind up with amazing stock packages which are used to "golden-handcuff" you to the company - which is both a positive and a negative - but DEFINITELY compensates you for high-performance. The company also makes great products, has quality IT staff and HR, and is phenomenal in its adoption of new technology.

ConsMany of the teams get absolutely swamped with work due to poor management of expectations with regards to what's feasible within a given period of time. Not enough push-back against management sometimes results in very long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on work-life balance across the board, and you'll get more done in the long-run than you will by piling on the work and using a stock-plan to keep people from quitting.

Good company

I have been working at Qualcomm

Pros: Salary, great location, excellent team. Cons: The office facilities are not up to the standard More

Software Engineer (New Grad)

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

I have been working at Qualcomm full-time for less than a year

Pros: People: people are very social, friendly, helpful Location: you get to live in la jolla and have a short commute time.… Cons: salary & benefits compared to companies in bay area is very low.… Advice to Senior Management: Try to match the compensation and benefits of Microsoft and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Qualcomm.

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Qualcomm reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Qualcomm CEO Steve Mollenkopf. All reviews posted anonymously by Qualcomm employees.