There are newer employer reviews for Qualcomm

Great place to spend a summer

I worked at Qualcomm as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Every intern is paired up with a manager and a mentor who advise you on your project. You have tons of resources at your disposal, including other interns and employees who you can talk to if you have questions. I had a couple situations where I sent an email over a mailing list and had high level managers and engineers jumping in to help out.

The intern events are great and I really enjoyed them, although the interns who worked at Qualcomm last year said that they appeared to be cutting back. The location in San Diego is fantastic and Qualcomm does an excellent job with relocation and housing assistance.

Cons

Some of the other interns had trouble meeting with their managers and mentors because they were so busy. Also, lots of time is spend in meetings and exchanging email, rather than working on projects.

1639 Other Employee Reviews for Qualcomm (View Most Recent)

Not bad

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Qualcomm full-time for less than a year

Pros

Large company, good compensation,San diego is a good city with nice weather to live. Living cost here, especially house price might not be higher as bay area

Cons

work life balance might not be good. Neet to work overtime frequently. If you are consider the work life balance. Qualcomm might not be a good choice for you.

It is an ok company for first job!

I have been working at Qualcomm

Pros

Good benefits, average salary, not a bad start for an entry level engineer. No events for employees, compared to other large companies.

Cons

Not easy to go up, environment not encouraging for self development. Bonuses are not generous unless you have connections.

There are newer employer reviews for Qualcomm

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!