Wonderful!

Former Intern - Research Intern in San Diego, CA
Former Intern - Research Intern in San Diego, CA

I worked at Qualcomm as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Working environment is nice. I could do whatever I proposed as my summer intern project. In addition, in such a top company, you would have the chance to learn a lot and take a look of many new technologies. They also coordinate a lot of fun stuffs and activities for interns. San Diego is a wonderful city! One other thing is that Qualcomm provides housing for all interns. The provided housing is amazing......

Cons

Only free drink...but not free food like that in google or facebook.

Advice to Management

none

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. It is an ok company for first job!

I have been working at Qualcomm

Pros

Good benefits, average salary, not a bad start for an entry level engineer. No events for employees, compared to other large companies.

Cons

Not easy to go up, environment not encouraging for self development. Bonuses are not generous unless you have connections.

Great place to spend a summer

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Qualcomm as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Every intern is paired up with a manager and a mentor who advise you on your project. You have tons of resources at your disposal, including other interns and employees who you can talk to if you have questions. I had a couple situations where I sent an email over a mailing list and had high level managers and engineers jumping in to help out. The intern events are great and I really enjoyed them, although the interns who worked at Qualcomm last year said that they appeared to be cutting back. The location in San Diego is fantastic and Qualcomm does an excellent job with relocation and housing assistance.

Cons

Some of the other interns had trouble meeting with their managers and mentors because they were so busy. Also, lots of time is spend in meetings and exchanging email, rather than working on projects.