There are newer employer reviews for Qualcomm

Downward spiral

Current Employee - Senior Staff Engineer  in  Boulder, CO
Current Employee - Senior Staff Engineer in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Qualcomm full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The pay is excellent and you really are working with the cream of the crop, best of the best, etc. The engineers and designers there are amazing.

Cons

The company is cutting the employees' benefits and perks a little every year. When I started a decade ago, everyone got an office, our pay was in the top %ile, insurance was top notch, there were device and education subsidies. Over time, each of these is vanishing; our salaries are median at best, our insurance is okay but not great, our device subsidies have vanished. And the list goes on. It's still an ok company to work for, but it is coasting on a previous reputation, and isn't nearly as great as it once was.

If you're going to keep trying to attract top tier talent, you need to think about getting back to the way you had it a few years ago. Give people a reason to choose you over Google and Amazon.

1652 Other Employee Reviews for Qualcomm (View Most Recent)

Qualcomm

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Qualcomm full-time for more than a year

Pros

fairly good pay, good faculty, nice location. Your first impression on your management determine your future in this company. Don't stupid thing, then you can stay as long as you want.

Cons

few chance to grow, not good working atmosphere, if you are good at presenting instead of hard working, you might fit this company.

Company facing execution challenges post QCOM acquisition

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Qualcomm full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits, smart talent across most engineering teams.

Cons

Cross functional teams not aligned resulting in product slips. No corporate-wide system in place for career growth, too many layers, poor team environment and low employee morale.

Provide growth opportunities to employees, resolve execution issues and power struggles with QCOM SD.

There are newer employer reviews for Qualcomm

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!